Join now - be part of our community!

SONY TV KDLw5500 Self diagnosis light blinks 6 times

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DJLascelles
Visitor

SONY TV KDLw5500 Self diagnosis light blinks 6 times

Hello can anyone help? I have a Sony Bravia internet tv model no, KDLw5500. The self diagnosis light has come on the red standyby light blinks six times, then goes out for two seconds and continues.  There are occasional loud blasts of sound but no picture, any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DJLascelles,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If  the stanby light is flashing red then, as you stated, indicates that the TV's self diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local authorised Sony service centre and inform the them of the sequence that the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DJLascelles,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If  the stanby light is flashing red then, as you stated, indicates that the TV's self diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local authorised Sony service centre and inform the them of the sequence that the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

DJLascelles
Visitor

Hello Thalamus.

I have had the tv checked out, only to be told the main av board has gone, only three years old, apparantly cannot source the board even though on the back of the Sony manual it says parts will be kept available for seven years. I will keep trying to get a board but if not, I will be getting another make of tv, three years life for over 900 pounds is not what I call a good deal.

mikgray73
Visitor

Hello My Bravia KDL32W5500 also needs a new AV circuit board. Are they still available ?

tom.74
Explorer

Hi All - my 46W5810 flashes 3 times standby and then goes out for two seconds and continues...is it the same problem as above...is there any guide for those error codes available on the internet?

Regards

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tom

As per my post above if your Bravias standby light is flashing red then it indicates that the TV's self diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local authorised Sony service centre and inform the them of the sequence that the Standby light flashes. Use the following link in the post above..

No unfortunately we do not have a list of what the standby sequences actually mean..

mikgray73
Visitor

My local Sony service engineer reloaded the latest S/W (ver 1.74 eu) from memeory sticks and the TV sprung into life, it did not need a new PCB, Thanks to Kevin from ICTV(Southern) Ltd

tom.74
Explorer

hi mikgray73

I thin I have this one alredy loaded as it is posted on the SONY web

PKG 1.740SA.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-46W5810/downloads/FW_Bravia1740SA

BTW - can you send me that update to my email please as you saying that is rev EU and the one on the web  is SA

Thank you

Message was edited by: tom.74

mikgray73
Visitor

Contact you local Sony service engineer as you first have to clear the NVM (Non Volitile Memory) then load the software via Sony memory stick which i don't have. Regards

tom.74
Explorer

Hi mikgray73

I will contact them but still do not get that as I have done successfully the firmware upgrade on my tv before....

Regards