Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 TV and I can't log in to YouTube

profile.country.en_GB.title
PhilK010
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 TV and I can't log in to YouTube

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 TV and I can't log in to YouTube any  more (or Picasa incidentally). The TV firmware is up to date, my Google  account log in info works on any computer I use and my phone and I've  looked on various forums where different permutations of your username  are suggested and none of them have worked so far. It's pretty  frustrating especially when you have to put the info in with the tv  remote every time. Any help or similar experiences out there?

4 REPLIES 4
richardlower
Visitor

I have a KDL-32EX603 and it has never worked with the internet. I have spent hours updating, and trying to find answers on here etc and have got nowhere. So don't hold your breath. I won't be buying Sony again.

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

I'm guessing you've tried all the obvious solutions:

Check router firmware is on latest version

Tried with an Ethernet cable rather than wi-fi

Check set is on the latest firmware

Full factory reset

Can you see any Internet content icons on your set?

profile.country.en_IE.title
kamcent74
Visitor

Have you tried resetting your Google account.

I had something similar, and thought it was to do with an old YouTube log in account with a different password, but once I set up a new Google password, all my Google services - YouTube, Picasa etc. are working fine now.

richardlower
Visitor

You say you can't log in anymore. Have you changed your router by any chance. I have just discovered that my Belkin router is not compatible with Sony, So I have changed to Netgear and now all working.

I have spent hours and hours trying to cure the problem. Just wish I had  known 12 months ago.