Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL 37 EX723 BU

profile.country.GB.title
kusaini
New

Sony Bravia KDL 37 EX723 BU

Hello. I have the above TV which is only 3 months old. It is connected to a virgin media box, a sky box, and a hard disc/dvd recorder. The first two items are connected to the  one scart connection and the hard disc recorder is connected to the hdmi connection. The problem is that every now and then even when all the other items are on standby the TV jumps to AV1 for no reason at all whether you are watching a normal digital channel via  internal freview or analouge channels. Sony haven't been able to provide an answer. Has anyone else had this problem. The TV could be working for hours and then for no reason jumps to AV1.  AV1 is the connection used for Virgin/Sky boxes. Any ideas whether the TV is faulty or something wrong with my connections.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds to me like its a switching problem caused by having the sky and the virgin box on the same AV1 connection, surely you dont need both boxes connected together?, could it be that maybe you have a dodgy scart splitter in the line?, my advice just for elimination perposes would be to just connect one box to AV1 and see if the problem persists and report back the findings.