Join now - be part of our community!

Recalled tv's

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
betty17boop
Visitor

Recalled tv's

Does anyone know which Bravia Lcd tv's are being recalled?

28 REPLIES 28
StartTheCar
Contributor

Thanks for publishing the details Tarrac, much appreciated.

As I think everyone worked out, the website got hit pretty hard yesterday in it took us a little longer than we would have liked to sort it out.  Should all be ok now.

For reference, the televisions should not need to be taken away.  This is inspection can be carried out in the home.  Drop me a PM if they still insist on collecting it and I will arrange for someone here to contact them directly.

Other than that, it would seem that the announcement is pretty clear (once you can get to) however if there are any questions please do share them.  I will hover in this general area to provide any answers & support required.

Best regards

Lee

terrac
Visitor

No problem..  Thanks for the help and advice Lee.      I have sent a PM.   My local service agent is due to collect my Tv later this afternoon, they are still under the impression that the TV will have to be removed to be inspected.

maddoc666
Visitor

Got an engineer coming out start of next week to have a look at mine but i had to phone them myself as sony stated i was outside the catchment area.

However, i did a bit of fishing for info on the problem and was told that the inspection isn't too involved, basically the transformer board gets a continuity test and checked for discolouring/warping etc.  Any problems and a new board gets fitted.  Sony are calling it a HIT issue apparently.

Dunno if there's more to it than that (more than likely coz i would've thought that a continuty test is a bit rubbish at foretelling a fire) but figured i'd inform you of what i was told on the phone.

ffs123
Visitor

Why isn't this safety check being coordinated centrally by Sony rather than being left to the discretion of local service agents.  Shouldn't Sony be issuing a consistent set of instructions (i.e. should TV be repaired in home or taken away) and arranging for someone to visit rather than customers phoning around and seeing who might be available and what approach they might take to the repair

terrac
Visitor

my tv was taken away yesterday afternoon.   Awaiting service agents call to state when I will be getting it back.  I was at work at the time, my wife said he had about 4 other bravia's of same model in the van.

StartTheCar
Contributor

Morning

Sorry to read that some of these sets were still taken away.  As I said before, this really shouldn't be the case.  If this has happened, please do PM me and I will look into it.

We sent a follow up e-mail out to the service network yesterday afternoon to confirm that this should be an onsite inspection and that there should be no need to take the televisions away.

The decision to use the repair network was simply a matter of using the resources we have available.  We have authorised repair agents covering all areas of the UK & Ireland and so it made sense to use them. It also ensures that we have enough engineers on the ground to carry out the necessary inspections as quickly as possible.

Best regards

Lee

terrac
Visitor

just had a phone call from engineers..  My tv is perfectly fine and will be dropped off tonight..   Excellent service...   :smileygrin:

profile.country.uk_UA.title
DynamoKiev7
Visitor

DSC02683.JPGDSC02656.JPGDSC02663.JPGDear Mr. Lee! I have a problem Sony KDL-46X3500. It was purchased in September 2008 for $ 3,700, exactly one year later in September 2009, there were problems when you turn on - horizontal stripes across the screen, the left side of the TV screen began to divide in two, there was darkening the screen. When warming up the TV for about 15 minutes after the symptoms disappeared, the time interval seems to me constantly increasing, and the band gap and could double vision after 45 minutes. Renovation took place from 15.09.09 to 06.10.09 replacing the panel. After replacing the TV worked fine, but in August 2011 on the TV screen appeared again horizontal stripes, doubling the left side of the screen, all the same thing that happened in 2009. I know that there is a problem with these panels-Bravia TV Panel Failure. I read a lot of forums - Sony Forum, and http://www.avforums.kom. Called the service center in Ukraine, told them about the situation, sent a photo. They said that TV should pick up again in the repair and change the panel. I always trust Sony, I work in another house, three TVs - Sony Trinitron that in 11-15 years, and they have no problem, still admire a video camera HDR-SR12E, Home Theatre System DAV-DZ 1000 that just super. My friends take me to an example of confidence in Sony. But with the Sony KDL-46X3500, it's just a disaster to me for three years, we offer a second time to change the panel. Reading the forums, I learned that so many people who have problems with the panel, we offer option exchange or on the EX724 and the NX724 is a good option for me in this situation. Please tell me how I should do .Continue to believe in Sony!  Sony forward!  I believe in you !   Regards, Vitaliy.

Pinball
Visitor

Nothing said of your Dark shadows/patches Terrac ?

StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi DynamoKiev7

The problems you have captured are unrelated.  It is also a 46" model and not in the list of models

However, it clearly isn't right.

Given where you are based this is not something I can deal directly from here in the UK.  However if you can send me an e-mail with your contact details I would be happy to forward it onto your local Sony Customer Service team.

Regards
Lee