Join now - be part of our community!

Recalled tv's

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
betty17boop
Visitor

Recalled tv's

Does anyone know which Bravia Lcd tv's are being recalled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
terrac
Visitor

Recalled TV's are:

• KDL-40D3400, KDL-40D3500, KDL-40D3550, KDL-40D3660
  • KDL-40V3000, KDL-40W3000, KDL-40X3000, KDL-40X3500

Announcement here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/hotnews/hotnews.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=inspection_programme

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Bravia55HX

Hi,

check the announcement at the top of the page, all details are there.

terrac
Visitor

Recalled TV's are:

Announcement here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/hotnews/hotnews.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=inspection_programme

first4joinery
Visitor

That's great but when the web page wont display its obviously overloaded.

Nice that when you are sitting on a potential fire bomb. Come on Sony get it sorted or my next TV will be anything but a Sony

terrac
Visitor

for those who cant get on the site as it appears to be overloaded..   this is what it says...

Dear valued Sony customer,

We  have recently become aware of a potential issue affecting a very  limited number of BRAVIA LCD TV models, which have been available for  purchase in Europe since June 2007.

The model numbers are:

The issue came to our attention through reports in  Japan that a limited number of products might contain a component  affected by a quality issue, which in a rare number of cases might  over-heat and ignite inside the television and possibly result in the  melting of the upper casing of the television

To date, there have been no reports of any damage to other property or physical injuries.

However, as part of our ongoing commitment to customer  service and satisfaction, and as a precaution, Sony is voluntarily  initiating a programme to perform a free inspection and, if necessary, a  free repair to reassure you that these products meet your expectations  of our high standards for quality and safety.

If you own one of the products mentioned above, we  invite you to contact your nearest Service Centre to arrange an  inspection of your BRAVIA TV.

Following your request, Sony’s service representative  will promptly visit to check your TV, and will repair it as promptly as  possible if it has the affected component.

Please click here to contact your nearest service centre.

Please click here if you want to get in touch with Sony support.

Important: If you own one of the products mentioned above  and if you notice any abnormality (e.g. unusual noise, unusual smell or  smoking), please turn it off immediately, unplug the power cable, stop  using the TV, and contact us.We have confirmed that this symptom does  not occur when power is switched off.

In the unlikely event that you are affected by the  issues above, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may  cause. Sony strives to constantly improve the quality standards of our  products to thevery highest level.Your understanding and cooperation are  highly appreciated.

How to identify your BRAVIA model name

1. From the settings menu’s inside the TV:
    • Press on the Menu button on your remote control

Sony

• Navigate to the settings menu

• In the settings menu, please select the setup menu

Sony

• Select product information and press ok to identify your model
  2. From the label on the back of the set

You can find the model label on the back of your TV set

Sony

BRAVIA model names:

first4joinery
Visitor

Thanks for that but the links dont work either, obviously overloaded too!

terrac
Visitor

yeah website seems to be jammed solid at the moment.  :slight_frown:    Luckily I know who my only local authorised sony repair agent is.   I telephoned them earlier today and they are collecting the TV tomorrow.    Although it says on the site the inspection will be carried out in the home, when I told the service centre representative this he said that it needs to be taken away..      Will see what happens anyway when the engineer arrives..   The company is only about 3/4 of a mile away from my house...

first4joinery
Visitor

Cheers I will try the same

first4joinery
Visitor

OK got through to the authorised centre and they reported its not a serious fault and a home inspection of around 30 minutes is sufficient. Seems we have different stories depending on the service agent!.

Will post my result after the visit

Alan858
Visitor

Terrac, that's brilliant - thank you so much for copying that page that I too can not get to.

I did smile at Sony's statement which said " if you notice any unusual smell or smoking"  :slight_smile:

Take great care.