Join now - be part of our community!

PIP problem

profile.country.el_GR.title
copanid
Visitor

PIP problem

I have the 40EX720 Sony Tv.

The problem is that when i have 2 different pictures in my Tv the second window displays only the HDMI channel and i cannot change it .  I press the up and down channel button but the channel isn't changing.

I press the channel numbers but nothing happens.
So in the first window i have the channel that i see and the second window is always black since i have my ps3 switched off.

Is is possible to watch 2 different channels with PIP function ?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

If you are referring about watching two TV Channels the answer will be no. PIP is usually for watching two different sources at the same time, PC and TV, Video Input and TV. Bear in mind that some inputs might not have this feature available. For instance, the PC input might not allow you to use PIP. The only way that you might be able to see two TV channels is if your TV has two tuners and they implement PIP for both tuners. I do not think that there is such a TV in the UK at the moment.

copanid
Visitor

Actually i have another TV ( Philips ) that i bought it 4 years ago and i can see 2 different channels

with PIP .. i can change both channels but i listen the sound of only one of them.

I thought it is the same thing and that it could be done in EX720 too.

I am from Greece btw

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I am not aware of any single digital tuner device that will allow you to do that. There are some old TV’s that were doing PIP with two channels but that was a different implementation. You are not even able to change the channel when recording with these TV’s. I have a HX923 and it does not allow me to change the channel when recording a program.

When using PIP you can use the input button to see which input are available in that frame and if you change to the other frame then you will also need to use input button to see what inputs are available. PIP is implementation dependant.

copanid
Visitor

Basically i do not want to record or do anything than watching 2 different channels

for example if i watch a movie and has advertisements , with PIP i can hold this channel still and watch something else.. untill i see that the advertisements are gone.

By the way does someone know if i can see any movie using USB stick with external subtitles in .SRT ?

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

What I meant in my previous post is that the digital tuner will have a single function that’s all. There is no way you will be able to see two channels with a single digital tuner. If you have PIP activated in input A it create two frames where it will show input A and input B. With the left and right arrow in your remote you can select which of the two frames is the one active. In the active frame you need to use the select input button to see which other input are available to PIP.

Regarding subtitles, I think that subtitles are not supported whilst playing from USB but I am not sure. I think I read this in one of the posts. I never use that feature.

copanid
Visitor

Yes i understood this and i have already done this.

When i have in input A the digital or analog Tv tuner and go to the input B i cannot choose TV again as source but only the HDMI s. I thought that i  made a mistake at the options but it seems that is a function that EX720 can't do it.

Thanks for the help sony_cust11