Join now - be part of our community!

NO DISPLAY ON SCREEN WHEN USING USB PORT?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cwatki
Visitor

NO DISPLAY ON SCREEN WHEN USING USB PORT?

I have just bought a KDL26 320elx tv and for some reason when I plug my hardrive or pendrive into the USB port it does not show the foldere/files on screen and therefore I cannot play any films? Is there a fault with the tv or is there something I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

your doing this wrong, firstly confirm exact model no. of tv so i can double check, in the meantime forget this AV1 , go to home on the remote then scroll to media which will display the following, browse photos, music, videos on usb or home network, scroll up or down to select media you wish to play then click that, it should now work

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

check that your firmware is up to date with the latest firmware and also check that your hard drive is formatted in FAT32 first, flashdrives are usually already in FAT32 format should should work no problem.

cwatki
Visitor

Appreciate the fast reply. Tried on other tv's and appears to recognize my hardrive??? I just keep thinking it must be something obvious and there's nothing wrong with the tv but I can't think of anything? It may be a fault with the tv, I have it on AV1 and it states that it recognises a device but that's it nothing else happens and the screen remains blank with juat the AV1 icon showing in the top left corner? Hope this explains what's going on, if you can help that would be great,

Cheers

cwatki
Visitor

just made sure my pendrive is fat32, transferred a file to it but still nothing, what's going on???

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

your doing this wrong, firstly confirm exact model no. of tv so i can double check, in the meantime forget this AV1 , go to home on the remote then scroll to media which will display the following, browse photos, music, videos on usb or home network, scroll up or down to select media you wish to play then click that, it should now work