Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-EX720 Subtitles with USB

profile.country.el_GR.title
fevgatos
Visitor

KDL-EX720 Subtitles with USB

Hi, just bought one KDL-EX720. How can I change the Font, the Size and the Style of Subtitles from USB?? The default is really bad and I can't even read them...

Message was edited by: fevgatos

5 REPLIES 5
fevgatos
Visitor

I AM SOOO disappointed at sony!!! I bought with all that money the TV and the Subtitles from internal player sucks! I cant even read with that thin and small font! I wonder whats persons idea was that unreadable subtitle style. For god sake! And now I must buy a Media Player extra for the TV. The only think for sure is that it will NOT be SONY’s product.

Narutoboy
Visitor

I have the same problem too. All that money on the TV and there are no proper subtitles!!
I've been searching all over with no results whatsoever. PLEASE if someone know if I can change the subtitle fonts the tv uses let us know! This is frustrating as I have no other means of watching a movie on my tv.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you cannot change the syle and size of subtitle fonts on your tv unfortunately.

are these subtitles you have hard coded to the movie itself, is the movie a torrent file? and are you displaying the movie in full screen on the tv, even with hard coded subtitles it should be a reasonable size for you to be able to read it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

yeah the subtitle problems with all Sony tvs is a famous problem , sometimes i get headache !!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
MOSI-SIA
Visitor

Hi dears

as our friend correctly pointed to Hard subtitle, if your such files are not Hardsubtitled , It means subtitles attached to video file as optional and omitable or changeable to other languages subtitles (if exist) while watching the movie. in such cases , the way used for attaching subs to main file was wrong for your TVs system. It may solved with software work by PC.