Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22EX310 Tv noise problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Davedrizen
Visitor

KDL-22EX310 Tv noise problem

Hi

I have just bought a KDL-22EX310 22" TV, I notice when listning to the sound though the internal speakers there is a sort of low level whistle. It not very loud just in the back ground when listning in a quite room. It sounds a bit like processor noise. If I turn the voloume down it still there, but if I put the in to mute or use a external amplier it not.

My question is this normal with this TVas I do not wish to return to the TV to shop unless it realy has a fault ? It sounds like it might just be pick up into the speakers.

Be intrested if any other users of this TV model have noticed simlar.

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Worth calling the call centre and do a troubleshoot for sure. It *may* be the power inverter in which case I'd get it swapped over, but the call centre are best placed to troubleshoot here.

Thanks

Davedrizen
Visitor

Thank for reply, I have sent a email to the help desk and waiting for reply.

The noise is very low level and can only proberbly herd in a quite room.

I have to go up to the tv and more or less put my ear to the back of set to hear when the the tv is on. Only there when I am using the Tv own speakers, if conected and switch to a extrnal amp (which means the internal speakers are switched off) there is no noise coming from the Tv ( even with my ear next the back of the tv) if i switch the tv in to stand after using it with internal speaker I can still hear the whisle coming from the speaker, but if put in to stand by after using it with external amp again no noise at all.

I get the feeling this noise / whisle ( it higher pitch then a hum) is pick up in to the speaker and may quite normal and accetable in this model and I am just being over fussy. Also if it is stock fault and I take it back I will just might get another set with the same problem ( i bought my tv from a large catalog shop), hence the reason of asking on here.