Join now - be part of our community!

HDD not recognised by PC after deregistration from EX723

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
russ331
New

HDD not recognised by PC after deregistration from EX723

My Freecom HDD was briefly used with an EX723 to record Freeview programmes.

It's now been deregistered so it can be used with a PC again.

The PC recognises that hardware has been plugged into the USB port, however, the drive doesn't appear in Windows Explorer.

This being so, I cannot reformat the HDD for use in the PC, as the PC doesn't 'see' the HDD.

Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Have you tried?

Right click in computer, then click on manage and enter password. Then go to Disk Management and delete the partitions on your Freecom, then create an new simple partition. That should solve it.

If it does not work then search for a program that can manage partitions like PartitionMagic there are some free ones as well. Another solution will be to use a computer using Linux. There are some live CD from opensuse, centos, fedora which are able to boot Linux from a CD, you will need to burn the CD, and manipulate the disk. Whichever method you use you need to be really careful that you delete the partition from your Freecom and not the disk that has the Operating System.

Hopefully this will help :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Have you tried?

Right click in computer, then click on manage and enter password. Then go to Disk Management and delete the partitions on your Freecom, then create an new simple partition. That should solve it.

If it does not work then search for a program that can manage partitions like PartitionMagic there are some free ones as well. Another solution will be to use a computer using Linux. There are some live CD from opensuse, centos, fedora which are able to boot Linux from a CD, you will need to burn the CD, and manipulate the disk. Whichever method you use you need to be really careful that you delete the partition from your Freecom and not the disk that has the Operating System.

Hopefully this will help :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
russ331
New

Thanks. I remembered that I have a free copy of EASEUS Partition Manager from GOTD. Used that. Job done.