Join now - be part of our community!

Extend power cable on Bravia KDL-37W5500U

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
atconc
Visitor

Extend power cable on Bravia KDL-37W5500U

Hi

I have a Bravia KDL-37W5500U that I am planning to wall mount soon. It seems like the power cable is hard-wired and it's quite short. Is it possible to change/extend the power cable without impacting my warrenty?

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aaron ,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Firstly do you have a cable that simply unplugs from the back of the TV (normally if you do the cable is supplied loose with the TV..

If you can then it would depend on how long a cable you require but it's probably easier to purchase a longer IEC type power cable from somewhere like maplins..:smileywink:

However it does state in the manual "Use only mains leads supplied by Sony, not other suppliers."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi Aaron

What you need to do is get a right angled connector like this a length of wire and wire to a mains plug.

Make sure you know what your doing before attempting this.

Thanks

http://www.bulgin.co.uk/Products/IEC_Connectors/IEC_Power_Connectors.html

Addojo36
Visitor

Hello Aaron,

I think the answers you have recieved are ideal if the mains lead was not hard wired on these sets.

However in your case from your information the lead is hardwired on the KDL-37W5500, therefore you cannot do this.

If you do any modification to the TV set then as you say the guarantee will be invalid.

I do not know if there is a service which will be able to extend this power cord, but in my experience I think it will be difficult to change.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aaron ,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Firstly do you have a cable that simply unplugs from the back of the TV (normally if you do the cable is supplied loose with the TV..

If you can then it would depend on how long a cable you require but it's probably easier to purchase a longer IEC type power cable from somewhere like maplins..:smileywink:

However it does state in the manual "Use only mains leads supplied by Sony, not other suppliers."