swiftie

Disc decided that my system is not 3D capable

TV: KDL-40HX803

Player: BDP-S580

Audio: HT-AS5

Transmitter: TMR-BR100

Glasses: TDG-BR250

All connections via SONY HDMI cables

Upon inserting my first ever 3D disc (Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides) I get a popup:

"This disc has recognised that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback"

... So, which part is wrong? Hopefully it's just a configuration setting, but if so, I can't find it.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
swiftie

I've made some progress. The SONY UK website lists the Remote Control for my TV as the RM-ED034 but I have the RM-ED035 - the major difference is that I don't have a "3D" button. This might explain my problems?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I'd make sure you are running the latest firmware on all the devices. You can toggle the 3D manually by pressing 'options' on the remote handset and you should se the 3D menu there.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
swiftie

Aha! Now we're getting dangerously close. The only 3D source that I had was my "Pirates" BluRay disc, but when that's in the BluRay player, the "Options" on all of my remotes takes me to the BluRay player options, where there is no 3D Menu...

So, to get to the 3D Menu, I had to put the TV back into TV mode. Then, I had the 3D menu. 3D display was off, the other choices were "Simulate 3D from 2D", "Above/Below" and "Left/Right". So I went for "Simulate".

Then, when I went back to the BluRay disc, it all worked.

This leaves me in Simulated 3D when I'm watching ordinary TV programs, so presumably I just turn the 3D off again.

Message was edited by: swiftie

Message was edited by: swiftie