Join now - be part of our community!

bravia kdl-37ex503

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gramurri
Visitor

bravia kdl-37ex503

Have had a Bravia KDL-37EX503 since late 2010 but have only very recently got freeview HD in my area.  HD picture for BBC1 HD, ITV1 HD etc is fine but there is an intemitant sound dropout which is very annoying, resulting in my viewing the programme on the SD channel - not much point in having a HD TV!

This seems to happen on all 4 freeview HD channels but not on every programme. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

Message was edited by: gramurri

Message was edited by: gramurri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi there - this is fixed with the latest firmware update for your set.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-37EX503

Grab it from the above link.

thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi there - this is fixed with the latest firmware update for your set.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-37EX503

Grab it from the above link.

thanks

gramurri
Visitor

Thank you so much for your response. I've checked via the TV and the current software version is

PKG4 077EUL - 0108.

I have clicked on the link you supplied and it refers to an update of 19/12/2011 - version PKG4 - 108EUL - 0108, although there is no reference to correction of the sound dropout problem I am experiencing?

I am not really technically minded so is the only way to install the updated software really by downloading the update via computer onto a USB stick and then using this to update the TV - I thought these software upgrades were automatic OTA.

I only have a 2mb usb stick and don't think this will have a large enough capacity but the whole process seems quite daunting so is there a degree of certainty that it will resolve my HD channel sound dropout issue?

Catmambo
Contributor

OTA is old school!! Over ip is far easier as the updates are pushing 40mb or something. It was fixed about 6 months ago so later updates make no mention of this fix now. You can either leave your tv connected to the Internet and set it to auto update and it will update itself. However you can't manually force it to update so it might take a few days for it to check.

Quickest way for an instant fix is via USB, and USB memory sticks are only a couple of quid for a basic stick.

Hope this helps

gramurri
Visitor

Thanks very much for the explanation and valuable assistance.  I'll get a larger memory stick and give it a try.

gramurri
Visitor

I have now performed this operation via USB stick and it has resolved the problem.  I really am very grateful for your assistance. The only thing that Sony could come up with was to retune the TV or try a different HDMI cable!!