Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia firmware update - March 2012

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

Bravia firmware update - March 2012

Sory that I don't have a version number in this (initial) post - but I didn't want to select "yes" to the update that I was offered by the TV (KDL-40HX723) this evening without checking first to see what it might be.

I ran a quick search on the forum and didn't see a recent post with Bravia firmware in the subject.

It has been a couple of months since last update and I have forgotten if it showed version and allowed me to opt-out before going ahead.

Anyone have details of what is probably in it - or a link to the right thread?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
1.21gigawatts
Explorer

Suspect this is version PKG4.002EUA-0104. Still can't find any official detail as to what the update addresses.

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

I couldn't resist the temptation .... and clicked "Yes" this morning ....

After the update completed I am running the version that you suggest above (PKG4.002EUA-0104).

I didn't spot anything new in the menus

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i never understand why many spend so much time ummin and arring over updates which clearly are there for a reason, mine came up with one yesterday when i turned it on, i just click yes and let it get on with it!,

its not as though Sony are going to put a self destruct in the firmware is it!!

profile.country.GB.title
pwebste

All sorts of reasons for me ..

When the firmware update is not documented on the vendors own support site (as is currently the case with this one) then I usually use an extra level of prudence.

Firmware updates (not Sony in particular) have been known to introduce new problems or deliberately remove a function.

In this case I found that a few Dutch users seem to have installed it - so I decided to give it a go.

I also do not let Microsoft apply automatic updates to Windows on my personal machine - I have it set to download and notify.

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I agree. Updates can bring new problems when solving some. If it does not solve a problem which affects me directly then I prefer not to update. If it is not broken do not fix it. Saying that; the update can also fix a problem without adding new ones and usually we all end updating.

The website has some information but might well be from the previous not the current one.

nayan007
Visitor

Sometimes updates gives problem,which is very rare. And problems occurs when the software do not update completely.But updating system always keeps the system run fluently fixing earlier bugs. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

andimassey123
Visitor

@bravia55hx923

Point taken, but it would be nice to know if there was an improvement, like sorting the dog sh1t 3d out....id like to actually use the 3d function on my £1800 nx72 (£1900 with glasses that i cant use).

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I will suggest to use the Support tab (Sony web page), select your item and then the download tab + latest download to get a small description of latest firmware info.

PKG4.002EUA-0104 is not added yet, but normally within a couple of days I guess.

Older download info is not kept here though.