Join now - be part of our community!

Belkin Smart TV Link

profile.country.en_GB.title
jon2095
Visitor

Belkin Smart TV Link

IGNORE MESSAGE, figured it out, my stupidity, of course as far as the TV is concerned its a WIRED connection not WIRELESS.......doh!

Hi, hope someone out there can help.

I have just purchased a Bravia KDL-40EX723. As my router is some distance away, and after some online research I purchased a Belkin Universal Wireless Smart TC HDTV Adapters. It appeared that the SONY dongle wouldn't be powerful enough, from the comments online.

I have connected the Belkin to my network as instructed, and have now plugged it into USB and LAN on back of TV. When setting up on TV I get the message -

"Wireless USB device not found. Insert a compatible wireless device"

So, is the Belkin not compatible with SONY, despite it being advertised as compatible with all TV's? As Dixons offer the Belkin as part of a bundle with the EX723, I find this hard to believe.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, have rang Belkin who say its a SONY problem, sadly SONY's tele support isnt available at weekend!

I have updated the tv's latest Firmware update this morning, so its not that

Thanks

Message was edited by: jon2095

2 REPLIES 2
drhowells
New

I have never seen one of those before. Is the power light on the device? I wonder if the USB port is supplying enough power. Also, if you have another USB port on the TV, try that instead.

jon2095
Visitor

Sorry, my stupidity, as far as TV is concerned its a wired connection, not wireless as I was trying......doh