Join now - be part of our community!

TA-VE170 flashes PROTECT on the screen ??

profile.country.en_GB.title
amarokuk
Visitor

TA-VE170 flashes PROTECT on the screen ??

Does anyone have a link to the user manual or know how to fix this please ?

Kind regards

Mike

Message was edited by: amarokuk

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jtonline.info
New

Mike, a short circuit on one or more of your speaker channels has been detected and has activated the amp's protective device.  Turn off the amp, eliminate the short, and switch back on.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4230316121.pdf

shafro2
Visitor

Hi JT

This is my first time asking for help as you seem to be the only person who may be able to help.

I have the above system and it is flashing 'protect' I have tried to disconnect all the speakers and sub to try isolate the problem however even with everything disconnected the system still shows 'protect'. I have replaced the fuse in the plug and have opened up the system and can only see one fuse which is not blown.

Is ther anything else you may know?

If not is it even worthwhile getting it fixed?

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds like it may have a " reset " switch somewhere.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

profile.country.GB.title
jtonline.info
New

Hi Shaun,

Hmm... If you've removed all external connections from the amp and switched it off and back on and the Protect message still flashes then it does point to a fault with the internal circuitry somewhere, but that's as much as I know.

As to whether is worthwhile fixing, you'll have to do some research and find out the likely cost of an investigation and repair and compare that to the cost of replacing the amp with something new that meets your needs.

Regards,

Jules.

shafro2
Visitor

no, just checked again inside and out there is nothing to indicate a reset switch

Bravia55HX

ok,

is there a switch to change impedance of the speakers from 4 ohm to 8 ohm ?, if its set to wrong impedance would cause the protect to light up.

I can not explain to you exactly, I suggest you to visit http://www.manualbirds.com/brands/free-sony-manuals to refer to various Sony Manuals, you can download for free if you need. Wish you good luck!:smileytongue: