Join now - be part of our community!

SIGNAL PROBLEM

profile.country.en_GB.title
cboyldn
Visitor

SIGNAL PROBLEM

Hello i purchased a sony DVD home cinema DAV-Tz140

ive manged to connect my xbox to the system and tv but the dvd does not show up while using the hdmi lead

1st i was getting no signal no its just a blank black screen but its recognised it now but no picture?>

any advice how to get this working?

4 REPLIES 4
lgarciaaa
Visitor

How did you get it to work with your xbox? I cannot get it to work at all with my xbox or tv! Help please

Gavster79
Visitor

I've also just brought this system. I have connected my sky hd box to it and getting pretty good sounds using audio RCA leads. I can't for the life of me connect my PS3 to it. I have hdmi cables, audio optical cables and more RCA leads. How can I connect my PS3 AND sky box to it and get surround sound from both. If this is possible please please somebody help me. Thanks 🙂

Convergence
Visitor

Hi when using the HDMI lead have you selected the correct AV input on your TV? if you switch to the AV input and turn the amplifier off then on again do you getting any image or flashes?

When playing a DVD do you get audio from the speakers?  Have you tries the Yellow Phone jack to see if that supplies any video (it came supplied)

rumrat
Explorer

I have a DAV-TZ140 Home Theatre system connected via the HMDI(ARC) port to a Bravia KD-49X8305C TV.  The system and TV set are only 3 months old and has worked perfectly; I last played a DVD movie about a week ago. Today, I tried to play a DVD. The sound was OK (so the disc was playing), but there was no picture - the following message appears on screen, 'No signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button.'

I have tried other DVDs and used another HMDI cable with the same result - sound OK, but no picture, with the 'No signal' message on screen. Furthermore, I have tried all inputs and, as expected, the only response is with the HMDI(ARC) input.

I think that the solution will be something simple. None of the cables have been disturbed since the last successful playing of the DVD a week ago, so maybe a setting has been altered, or a button pressed on the remote.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.