Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 + Xbox X + LG OLED C7V

profile.country.GB.title
markyap73
Explorer

STR-DN1080 + Xbox X + LG OLED C7V

Hope everyone is good?
New to the site, just got the DN1080 and loving the sound (compared to Onky TXNR-525).
I'm having a few issues and wondering if anyone could point to a solution?

Problem:

I've connected my Xbox X to the 1080, which is hooked up to the LG TV. All is great and works well....until HDR kicks in on certain games. The TV identifies HDR signal from the XB through the 1080. Yet when playing on dark (night) scene I get a grainy image (white pixel dots). The darker the picture, more grainy it becomes. When I play a none-HDR, no problems at all. If I plug the XB into the TV direct, no problems with HDR. I don't really want to plug directly into the TV (wife moaning about poor cable management), so does anyone have any ideas on what is causing the issue?

Things I've tried - connected to different HDMI ports on TV & 1080. Brand new HDMI cable (not the £5 type). Different HDMI cables. Changed advanced settings on TV (HDMI black).....

cheers & thank you :slight_smile:

Marky

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Marky,

Please contact Customer Support, as they may be best placed to advise you on this issue. You can reach them here.

If there's anything else we can help you with from here in the meantime, please let us know.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
markyap73
Explorer

Thanks Owen,

I have raised a ticket with Customer Support. If I get a working solution to the problem, I'll post it up.

Cheers

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
mabrook7850
New

Hi,

I have (almost) the exact same issue, except that I have the LG B6V. When I connect my XB1X I can't select 10bit (HDR) when in 4k - although it will work when I connect directly to the TV. All 5 HDMI ports that are HDR compliant have been set to 'Enhanced' and my PS4Pro and Nvidia Sheild both out HDR fine. The TV, STR-DN1080 and XB1X have all been updated to their lastest respective firmware. However the XB1 won't display HDR (I just get a blank/black screen). I've tried several cables, including the 'Premium Certified' ones (with the hologram lable). Just can't seem to get it working. It sounds similar to your issue - I'm wondering if you ever found a solition? 

profile.country.GB.title
markyap73
Explorer

Hiya,

I got myself some new cables, also reduced any tight bends (I think that's what caused the problem). So far I've had no problems at all.

If you can, try keeping HDMI cables as straight as possible and see if you get the issues I had.

Good luck :slight_smile: