Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XF9000 Speach Sync Issues

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

Sony HT-XF9000 Speach Sync Issues

Just bought this soundbar, which sounds brilliant but I am getting sync issue with speak, but strangley only when weatching TV shows on SKY Q, Films on SKY Q seem to be ok?
I have SKY Q plugged intothe HDMI port on teh soundbar and then HDMI ARC connected to my TV ARC HDMI port.
TV is a Samsung  UE50MU6100.

Netflix, Youtube and my Xbox run over ARC and also seem fine

Anyone have any ideas to why this is happening? Also is it worth getting decent HDMI cables as the one I am using for ARC is a cheaper HDMI cable

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see more details here for when the audio is out of sync.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

Thanks, will test it out

profile.country.GB.title
TopCatUK

Dosesnt maker any difference, but in gener it seems to have sorted it self out since I did a factory reset on it.

Question about this link you sent, PCM meansthat the sound is decoded by the TV, which is not what I want to do as I want DTS/ATMOS which the Soundbar decodes, therfore needs to be set to Bitstream.

Also why cant you see the sound level display screen (and any other soundbar screen)when on TV ARC, it only shows up when viewing content form the HDMI port. Really annoying when playing teh Xbox or Netflix TV App, as I cant see teh sound modes/sound levels

profile.country.GB.title
thash1zn1t
Explorer

Hi,

I have audio sync issues with Sky TV with this soundbar.  Try switching dolby digital audio output to normal in Sky tv settings.  That seems to resolve the lip sync issues for me but doesnt give the desired audio output.  I have noticed that the lip sync issues vary between different types of program as well which really didnt help when i was adjusting the delays in the sky menus to fix it (which didnt by the way).  I now have abother issue with the soundbar after applying the latest firmware which i have commented on this forum.  Not happy with this soundbar and am regretting buying it.  Sony need to sort these issues...