Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
profile.country.GB.title
ian48db
Explorer

No problem with the broadcast signal in West Yorkshire so clearly this is not a Sony issue,as was detailed earlier on this thread. if it was a Sony issue my recorder would have been affected. It's not - clearly it's down to what's being broadcast. See the thread in full.

profile.country.GB.title
ian48db
Explorer

No probs in West Yorks - okay lunchtime, okay at 17:45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Onion 

You said transmitter is not showing problems, But is your RDR working or not working?

Cheers

Mr_Onion

Sorry, I meant that the PVR was working OK. Channels are all there and no dropouts.

Greysurfer

Having seen your post I went and checked my machine which at first check appeared to be the same as your own.  But I turned it off as it was at a "ready to record" for an earlier program and when I switched it back on again everything seems to be ok.  So whether the problem was earlier in the day and it is now fixed or I will have a problem later I am not sure.

profile.country.GB.title
No_Pic

My RDR-HXD970 recorder has no picture or sound after today's digital EPG update at 1400 BST 30/5/14. Transmitter is Crystal Palace.

Only way I have been able to get the picture back this time was to setup with location set to France. Picture and sound now back but no EPG. Able to manually set timer recordings by typing in start/stop details.

The fact that this has now happened twice in the last week after the first event last July is highly annoying to have to waste all this time tuning/retuning and resetting timer recordings. It is truly shameful that a huge organisation such as Sony has done nothing to remedy the situation by issuing updated firmware to fix this once and for all.

Thanks to all the knowledgeable contributors to this thread who have provided the workaround fixes, without which I would have been stumped each time this has happened.

paftrain
New

As it is only Sony recorders affected, it certainly is a Sony issue and they should sort out a permanent fix urgently. I don't think I will be buying any more Sony products.

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI guys

Just curious if its isolated to a particular transmitter or...

If possible, for everyone that is affected, can you please respond with your Transmitter.  If you don't know, goto http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/ and type in your postcode, and it will tell you.

Cheers

paftrain
New

My transmitter is Crystal Palace.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I am having the same problem. My RDR-HXD995 recorder has no picture or sound after today's digital EPG update at 1400 BST 30/5/14. Transmitter is Crystal Palace.