Join now - be part of our community!

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
rdr-hxd995_owner

RDR.. Issues (May 2014) - MASTER THREAD

Friday 23rd May approx 19:00 attempted to turn on DVD recorder RDR-HXD995. Seemed reluctant to power on from remote (and when pressing power on on unit itself) as in UPDATE mode. Finally after switching power off at the wall a few times, managed to get it to respond. However when a channel is selected, it displays for a short while and then the screen goes blank. Also, a programme which was set to record, has not recorded.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem - is this July all over again or is it just me?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

181 REPLIES 181
Greysurfer

iine is back as well. Retuned back to UK and all seems well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rdr-hxd995_owner 

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile:

Hi Fellow Sufferers;

Well done with the French temporary workaround; with regard to recording, I have setup recordings manually (using the channel number and details from another TV EPG but you could use an online TV-Guide) and have tested it on a randomly chosen program and it works a treat.

Whilst this does involve a bit of research work and is a bit time consuming, it will allow you to catch Series Episodes that you might have normally missed.

Hope that Sony investigate the reason why their products are affected and initiate a solution or Firmware Update, as I suspect that there are many customers who have already gone out and replaced their machines as a result of this fault; I would suggest that it is best interests to do so fairly swiftly before customers migrate to their competitors.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
ian48db
Explorer

As previous posts show this issue is now fixed.Recorders are working with the signal ok.

The longer term matter of the hardware not being able to cope with errors that poor data causes is unresolved. Suggest you contact Sony support and query that matter.

Alexander-C

Hi, all seems to be working normally for me too now as well. Initially this morning the recorder was stuck in update mode, but I tried the 'power off for 5 seconds then quickly tappingthe button again'  workaround to get it to power on before it tries to update again and my channels and EPG are all back to normal.

Thank you Quinnicus for keeping us updated, being generally helpful and escalting things up to Sony. I'm glad the issue has been sorted out so quickly this time, but I really hope this is the last time it happens.

profile.country.en_GB.title
stroger8938

Well although my RDR-HDX790 is working after a fashion the actual channel list is messed up with French channels replacing some UK one, ITV3 for example is not where it shouod be. Problem is that being on the Kent Coast I do get French channels as well as the UK ones. Anyone any suggestions about fixing this?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Also suffered this problem on my RDR-HXD995 - this is the second time.  There were requests that Sony issue new firmware last time.  They ignored that.   Sony please issue a firmware update for these units to address this problem.

While it may be caused by incorrect data int he EPG other manufacturers are not suffering this problem, so clearly your recorders are not as resilient as they should be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi stroger8938

If you have retuned AND have selected UK as the country - It would appear that you may have a reception issue and may need a more perminant solution (ie getting your aerial looked at by a professional, or re-positioned etc).  As a suggestion, you could try retuning at different times (ie at night, or afternoon etc) as it may help.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
non.techy
Explorer

Hi.
I too had this problem with EPG and screen going black after a few seconds. Followed the re tune going to France and hey ho.....Result. Thanks for your advice as was worried it was the machine going caput.....technology eh!!!
conhacons
Explorer

Yes, seems to be fixed now, just have to retune the four records I had done the "France" fix on, re-enter the timers for the coming week, and hope the programs that didn't recorder are repeated for me to archive to DVD's.