Join now - be part of our community!

Lost home screen using x700 on a zd9 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Lost home screen using x700 on a zd9 tv

After doing a factory reset on my zd9 I can to the setting of HDMI for the enhanced format when set the home screen going off and on and flickering

So checked were I had the HDMI lead on the TV, Which was in the HDMI 3 ARC slot so as I could have TV sound through my SDR-DN 1080, So I changed to HDMI 2 , Now when I switch on the TV and the X700 I now get a black screen and the words no signal detected , But when I put a 4K HD disc in the film starts great picture and sound 

What have I set wrong???

I bought a new set of HDMI cables to the highest spec last month

Why when using the HDMI 3  ARC slot you can not set to the enhanced format

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Just to let you know problem solved, This with the help from the Sony centre Alloa who said its most likely your HDMI leads but I have just bought new ones from Amazon, so I bought 2 new leads plus a UBPX 800M2, Pixelgen are the leads now all works fine, The new player is just great

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
karingall

To follow up tried the following from trouble shooting pressed stop then home and pop up this changed the output resolution and I get the home screen back however when I play a 4k disc I  only get 1080 60p so no 4k,

change the resolution back to 4k no home screen, Have to hope when disc is inserted it starts ok , picture is great no problems very stable , so what am I missing???

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Update

With the player set at 4k resolution and the TV set to enhanced a Blu-Ray disc will not play you get sound but no picture, then tried a 4k ultra disc (Kong scull island) best picture and sound I have with this TV and player, still no home screen 

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Just to let you know problem solved, This with the help from the Sony centre Alloa who said its most likely your HDMI leads but I have just bought new ones from Amazon, so I bought 2 new leads plus a UBPX 800M2, Pixelgen are the leads now all works fine, The new player is just great