Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE7002: Sound output from TV speakers & optical out is out of sync

profile.country.GB.title
TheWizardSteve
New

KD-49XE7002: Sound output from TV speakers & optical out is out of sync

I have just bought my KD-49XE7002 running software verison 8.500-1000-1.100-02 & am very pleased with it so far!

However I have run into a bit of a problem with the sound output which is a little annoying. With my previous (non Sony) TV, I connected a Philips soundbar to the TV via the optical port. Whilst the difference this made to the sound was amazing, due to reasons (kids asleep, neighbours, etc) I realised the sound output from just the soundbar alone was too loud during certain scenes, thus required careful monitoring & turning up/down during film watching, which was not fun. I then realised that I could have the soundbar turned on low & accentuate volume by turning up the TV speakers - perfect.

Unforuntately I've tried to replicate this setup with the same soundbar and the XE7002, but there is a noticable delay between both sound outputs (although oddly, neither seem to be out of sync with the video...) Meaning that there is an echo produced when listening to both sound outputs at the same time, which is no good.

To resolve this I've tried the following;

• Tried the 3.5mm jack output from the TV into the soundbar (there is still an echo)
  • Tried to find any setting on the TV to control the AV sync (to no avail)
  • Tried a different speaker (an Anker Soundcore, via headphone jack) which resolved the issue

So It would appear to be an issue with my soundbar; unfortunately there are no settings on it to control the audio delay on the soundbar itself & I'm concerned that if I replace the soundbar with a newer one, this issue could still be present. 

Has anyone had issues with this and if so, how did you resolve them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Steve,

Sorry you're having trouble with the audio. Are there any sound options on the soundbar itself? Audio or AV sync?

Thanks,

Owen