Join now - be part of our community!

DA2400ES amp and 3D?

Vormulac1
New

DA2400ES amp and 3D?

Hi folks,

I have had this brilliant amp for a number of years and a couple of months ago I replaced my old BD player with a nice shiny Sony S5500, I didn't have a 3D tv so the 3d functionality was largely irrelevant. However, a couple of weeks ago my tv conked out so I replaced it with a 3D capable Samsung unit.

As I now have both a 3d player and a 3d tv I decided to try a 3d blu-ray disc only to find that the player announces that it can't detect a 3d tv and that's that. 

My question is: Has anyone found a way to either a) convince the S5500 that there is a 3d tv at the end of the cable so just play the darned thing, or b) get the DA2400ES to happily pass a 3d signal?

I really can't afford a brand new amp and it seems like a bit of a shame to bypass the amp and plug the s5500 straight into the tv every time I want to watch a 3d disc. 😞

Thanks for any advice!

Tags (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Why not connect the Bluray player directly to the tv itself?  3D will then play, and you can output the audio by passing it through the tv to the AV receiver.

Cheers

Vormulac1
New

That sounds like a plan, I need to have a look at the outputs on the tv to see if there's an optical out or something. Do you know if there might be any change to the sound doing it like that (I'm clearly not an expert on this stuff, so forgive me if this is a stupid question) such as Dolby Digital 5.1 coming off the disc, but only 2.1 coming back from the the tv to the amp? 
The tv is a Samsung UE48JU7000, I'll have to see what I can find out about audio pass-through.

Thanks!