Explorer

bdp s7200 error D ON

My BDP s7200 displays D ON error code.  How do I clear it please?  Thanks, Rob

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the community.

Please follow the advice here which suggests updating your firmware. If that fails you can contact support here.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
robsrockets
Explorer

I am totally at a loss.  This player is less than 3 years old and is completely broken.  Come on Sony, give your customers some support???

profile.country.GB.title
robsrockets
Explorer

I still do not have an answer to this.  The player is less than 3 years old and it is totally unusable.  Does no-one know what the "D ON" error code means and how to fix it please?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you read the BDP user manual?

The disc tray does not open and “LOCK” or “D ON” appears on the front panel display.

• ,  When “LOCK” appears, the player is

locked. To cancel the Child Lock, press x (stop), HOME, and then TOP MENU button on the remote until “UNLCK” appears on the front panel display (page 10).

• ,  When “D ON” appears, contact your Sony dealer or local authorised Sony service facility.

profile.country.GB.title
robsrockets
Explorer

Yes I know this - it's on page 37 of the owners manual.  I have contacted the local support centre and they do not know what "D ON" means, they suggested I try google.  Hence my plead for help from the Community.  Thanks for the response anyway.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

They cannot answer like this, try another center. It’s stated that they should know what to do!
profile.country.GB.title
robsrockets
Explorer

Thanks Italian Rooobb, I will try that.  Caio.

profile.country.GB.title
Tabitha
Explorer

Hi, I have the same error message; did you manage to find out how to fix it, it’s driving me mad!  Kind regards