Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V needs more oomph

profile.country.en_GB.title
Cazzy22
Visitor

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V needs more oomph

I tried the Sony HX50V out the other day, lovely camera if a little pricey. The only reason I was interested in this camera was because of the amazing zoom 30X. But I was a little disappointed with the lens aperture, I would have liked to have seen something like f/1.8 really. Plus I would have liked a bigger sensor in this body.

Plus an aperture ring would have been nice!

Any chance of making a Sony Compact with those specs I suggested ? :wink:

5 REPLIES 5
cazzy33
Visitor

Just had to sign up again, got locked out :angry:

And the above still stands :wink:

cazzy33
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, I did try re setting my password, but it just said email address not recognised :thinking: Maybe I typed it in wrong! But Cazzy33 seems to be working fine at the moment.

Thanks i will keep an eye on things :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Cazzy22 & Cazzy33,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Can't understand why you would be locked out..:smileyconfused:

It would not be for your posts above because it's valid feedback & actually I forwarded it onto one of contacts in Sony in a hope it reaches the product team..:smileywink:

Have you tried resetting your password, etc, if that does not work let me know & see if I can get someone to have a look at your account..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cazzy33 wrote:

Hi Thalamus, I did try re setting my password, but it just said email address not recognised Maybe I typed it in wrong! But Cazzy33 seems to be working fine at the moment.

Thanks i will keep an eye on things

OK let me know if you want any further help with your Cazzy22 account..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

I think you'd struggle to be able to increase the sensor size due to the length of zoom. It's the small sensors that allow this level of zoom. That's why DSLRs (which have large sensors) have to have such rediculous sized lenses to reach this kind of zoom level, and these cost thousands of pounds. As for aperture size, I don't know if this is sensor and/or lens dependant too?

My biggest gripe with the Hx50 is the build quality. Compared to my HX9v it feels quite cheap and plasticky. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to sacrifice build quality, this is one of the reasons I tend to buy Sony :thinking: