Join now - be part of our community!

Rx100 m4 problem not recognising memory card

profile.country.GB.title
TheCoach1
Explorer

Rx100 m4 problem not recognising memory card

Hi,I’ve had the Rx100M4 for just over a year now.It’s been fine until yesterday when I kept getting the error message -NO CARD even though there was a formatted card in the camera.I’ve changed the card and reset the camera after speaking to Sony tech dept.Very unhappy that it’s out of warranty so Sony say send to them for repair.You don’t expect a £450 camera with low use to fail after just over 12 months.I see that others have had same issue.Is it a definite send back repair job or can this be fixed another way? Would appreciate any tips

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.US.title
sony.e.62.10
Contributor

Hi @TheCoach1 

This seems to be a known problem with the Sony RX100, see the discussion on DPReview : https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3766148.

There seems to be a spring within the slot that could hinder the correct positioning of the memory card.

profile.country.GB.title
TheCoach1
Explorer

Thanks for that.It’s really annoying as the camera seems to be working fine other than it not recognising the memory card.A pretty major issue if you can’t record the image you’ve taken.Sony UK not being very helpful either..they expect you to post the camera to them and they charge £54 an hour to see if they can repair it.To be honest I don’t think it’s reasonable for a fairly expensive camera-£500 to fail in this way at just over 13 months old with very limited use.