Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with sony qx10 camera

chhumph28

Problem with sony qx10 camera

Hi im looking for help as the sony customer service lady didnt even no anything about the sony qx10 camera, iv got an iphone 5 and this camera has worked with the phone for a month perfectly fine, then got it out the other day set it up to my phone and it wouldnt connect to the wifi in the camera a message comes up in play memories along the lines of failed to connect to the shooting device so i cant get it to work iv recently updated software to ios 7.0.1 i thought it may of been because of the update so i tried it on my wifes iphone 4 running the same software and worked on her fone, iv took my phone to see if it was my phone and iv been told my phones fine so im baffled if i go in the iphone settings in wifi it connects me to the camera it wont connect to playmemories or camera 360 apps, iv reset the camera and put the ssid in iv deleted the apps and re downloaded them still dosent work iv even reset my iphone and still nothing does anybody know what thenproblem as there isnt a lot of info on this product thanks
11 REPLIES 11
chhumph28

Sorry software is actually ios 7.0.4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there chhumph28,

Welcome to the Community!

I am unsure if you spoke to the right team, if the person you spoke with did not know anything about the QX10.

You may be offered the advice you need here, but if not, the team to call regarding this issue is Sony Support on 0844 8466 555. You can also fill out a support request form here

I hope this helps,

Pascale_F

chhumph28

Thanks i filled out the request form 2 weeks ago and havnt received any emails back 😞
chhumph28

Still dosent work on iphone 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Its very odd as I have iPhone 5 and QX10 and it works fine indeed I think if there were a bigger issues with the connectivity then it would be more apparent on the boards. 

You could have it looked at by a service centre, but as you've said its working with iPhone 4 ok, then its not likely to be a problem with the lens. You mentioned you reset the phone, but if you restored from backup, then this will have carried over whatever software glitch was causing the the problem.

I would create a backup of the phone and then do a factory reset and set it up as a brand new handset, then just download the Playmemories mobile app. This should then at least work as its a 'factory fresh' phone with one piece of software. You may then have to rebuild the phone with the rest of the apps though.

Hope this helps

chhumph28

I did all this yesterday but still nothing my iphone connects to everything wifi apart from this camera its getting frustrating now as i want to start taking pics again but it wont connect
chhumph28

Could you give me the step by step on how to do this and i will try again, will i loose all my contacts, pictures and music
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Yes you need to make a backup of all your data before as this is a one-way ticket, so proceed at your own risk.

There are a few guides on the web

http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/Apple-iPhone-5.how_to_perform_a_hard...

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apple/iphone-5/18508/how-factory-reset-your-iphone-5

chhumph28

Yeessss, i got it workon thanks alot for the advise i lost everything on my fone but it was worth it as the camera works again thanks once again