Join now - be part of our community!

Manual for new RX10

SOLVED
ronboon50
Explorer

Manual for new RX10

Does anyone know or have a link to download a comprehensive manual for the new RX10 camera. Sony have only supplied a skinny booklet which is not overly helpful to gain a deeper insight into the functions ( considering it cost £1047 this was a disappointing oversight)
Thanks in advance. 

---

Edited by Drew - Personal details removed.

37 REPLIES 37
ronboon50
Explorer

Hi
Thank you. This is a great step forward and appreciated.

Can you send a PDF file so I can view offline

I have posted some images on the Amateur Photographer magazine website (ron5054). I have also posted a reply to the Richard Sibley review mentioning the lack of manual support. It might be worth your team letting the photo press reviewers know of the availability of the manual

Ron
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor
hesimonf
Explorer

Hi,

No! This instruction manual is already included in the box with the RX10. It is not helpfull.
I need in french or in english a truly user guide !! Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hervé SIMON • 14 rue du Général GOURAUD • 33600 PESSAC (France)
+33 (0)6 07 10 91 65 • simon.herve@free.fr
ronboon50
Explorer

Hi
Thank you for trying. This small manual is included. What is required is a PDF of the new detailed in depth user guide so we can learn more about the cameras functions. Being able to have a version for use offline is better to carry.

Could you also let users know when a Sony will publish on line tutorials for the RX10 in a similar way to Nikon who provide very good user support

http://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/cybershot_userguides/DSC-RX10/eng/index.html

Thanks
Ron Boon
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@ronboon50 wrote:
Hi
Thank you. This is a great step forward and appreciated.

Can you send a PDF file so I can view offline

I have posted some images on the Amateur Photographer magazine website (ron5054). I have also posted a reply to the Richard Sibley review mentioning the lack of manual support.

Hi Ron,

glad the online manual I provided the link to was useful to you & others on the Amateur Photographer site..:smileyhappy:

@ronboon50 wrote:
It might be worth your team letting the photo press reviewers know of the availability of the manual

Ron

I wish I had a team, it's common mistake than many forum members make, but I & all of the other Experts on this forum are just users like yourself. We give up out time for free in order to help others like yourself overcome problems, etc..

As to a pdf version of the manual I am working on that will provide more info as soon as I can, stand by..:smileyhappy:

ronboon50
Explorer

Hi

Wow, a huge thank you. I did not realise. I even more appreciate the help you are providing.

It is so generous of you to give up your time to help us

Thank you again

Best

Ron
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Catmambo wrote:
Here go - https://docs.sony.com/release/DSCRX10_EN_ES_FR.pdf

@hesimonf wrote:
Hi,

No! This instruction manual is already included in the box with the RX10. It is not helpfull.
I need in french or in english a truly user guide !! Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hervé SIMON • 14 rue du Général GOURAUD • 33600 PESSAC (France)
+33 (0)6 07 10 91 65 • simon.herve@free.fr

Hi hesimonf,

yes unfortuantely the link that Catmambo has provided although slightly different to the one that Quinnicus provided simply leads you to the same user guide that is included in the box with your RX10..

The link in my post above (copy DSC-RX10 User Manual..) will allow you to view an online version of the RX10 user manual..:smileywink:

hesimonf
Explorer

Hi Thalamus, Many thanks.
P.S. Your pseud. “Thalamus” seems to indicate you are not only a photographer but also a neuroscientist, yes??
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus. wrote:

As to a pdf version of the manual I am working on that will provide more info as soon as I can, stand by..:smileyhappy:

Not the best of copies but at least it's a pdf version..

SanPedroUK
Explorer

Ron... how do you like your new toy?

It's a toss-up between the RX10 and the OMD EM5 or FujiX-E2 for me at the moment.

But I'm really drawn by the RX10's 'Jack of all trades and actually master of most of them' approach.

I need to get into a store to have a play with one yet.

My biggest concern is that the image quality isn't up to scratch, given it has a smaller sensor than, say, a M4/3 camera.