Join now - be part of our community!

Problem in menu of DCR-HC51

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad99
Explorer

Problem in menu of DCR-HC51

I've dug out this old camcorder to download an old tape.  Playback opens with this screen

Initial screenInitial screen

I can only scroll between these screensP1020813.JPGP1020811.JPG How do I get back to the ordinary playback menu?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there. We're looking into this for you now, and we'll be back in touch with a response as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

You should be able to return to the playback screen by pressing the x in the upper right corner. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further difficulty.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad99
Explorer

Thanks Owen.  I'd already tried that but it just takes me back to the other screens in the loop

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

Have you tried looking in the manual for a solution? You can find it here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/3278/32789841M.pdf. Please let us know how you get on, and if you need any further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad99
Explorer

Yes, tried the manual - am wondering if the problem is specific to one tape.

i tried another one, screen that appeared was the first picture of my post and pressing FN brought up the recorded pictures.  However pressing FN with the original tape just takes me to the pictured menu and back round the loop.. 

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

Is there any difference between the two tapes you're using?

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Grandad99
Explorer

Hi,

Identical tapes - Panasonic - recorded at the same show several years ago. The one covering the first half is OK.

At the time I transferred both to a DVD.  They have since been stored side by side with about 50 other tapes on a shelf.. 

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

Please reach out to Customer Support, as they may be best placed to help you with this issue: http://bit.ly/2oUrHPV.

Please let us know how you get on, and if there's anything else we can help you with from here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Owen