Join now - be part of our community!

Xh9005 still has unexpected, intermittent screen flashes and loss of sound on eARC

profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

Xh9005 still has unexpected, intermittent screen flashes and loss of sound on eARC

Hi all

Wondering if anyone else having this issue.  my 55XH9005 is now updated to v6.0466 and sony specifically state that the random screen flashes are fixed, but I am still getting them on digital terrestrial TV (does not happen when streaming or gaming).  Full reset done.  Problem seems to be somewhat (although not fixed) when disabling motion processing.  

Also still getting sound loss when connected to the HTG700 when eARC is enabled to having to switch back to ARC.  

Thanks

PS, does anyone know if these TV's will be getting firmware upgrades from Android TV to Google TV?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Usually these issues should be fixed with the installed firmware.

Have you done a factory reset after the update?

If not, I would recommend to do so.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
jutler123

Hi Peter, 

Yes tried a full factory reset, still didnt make a difference.  have to have motion turned off to reduce amount of screen flashes

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jharps

Yes I suffering drop outs since day dot of updating my tv the day I installed. Nightmare!!!!

only solved thru disabling eArc on both tv and sound bar xh9005/HT-ZF9 in my case

heard rumor that disabling all WiFi and using Ethernet fixed some people’s issues but a negative for me so back to disabled eArc.

and yes since latest firmware screen flickers are worse. Sometimes an X-ray type flicker occurs.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey jutler123, make sure that the HDMI signal format is set to enhanced, also try Home-settings-preferences- internal storage- clear cache and data followed by a soft reset (press and hold the power button on the remote).