Join now - be part of our community!

USB sticks not recognized (certain brands)

j2user
Explorer

USB sticks not recognized (certain brands)

Certain branded Usb sticks not recognized.

I have a Sony Android TV model: KD-65X7500F

1. I have a Toshiba 16GB USB stick which is formatted to NTSC.

2. I have the latest TV firmware (6.5629 - 12/9/18).

3. When I plug the USBstick in (tried all 3 TV USB ports) and go to Video app to see the USB stick it shows the Devices as "No device found".

4. I found that puzzling as it was correctly plugged in, so I went into >TVSettings >Storage & Reset. It reads:
"Storage & Reset
Removable Storage:
USB drive is safely ejected."

5. Why has the USB drive safely ejected, when I have just plugged it in?

6. I also have a Sony 60R550a (2013) and this exact same stick complete with files plays correctly.
So I know it is this new KD-65X7500F Android TV causing the problem.

7. I have attached screenshots of Devices screen, Storage&Reset screen, and Android Info (build number etc.)

8. Note: I also have a Verbatim 8GB stick which plays all files correctly in this KD-65X7500F TV!
So I can only assume that sony have not allowed all brands of USB stick to be identified in this TV ("No device found").
Please pass this on to engineers so a new firmware can be made.IMG_20181128_073245.jpgIMG_20181128_073607.jpgIMG_20181128_073631.jpgIMG_20181128_073056.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The MediaTek chipset inside Sony Android TV isn't very good and drivers are buggy as hell. That's the problem you are facing.

profile.country.GB.title
Jadesa11y

Wouldn't of commented tbf wasn't helpful, need a solution not a statement. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Jadesa11y 

But you haven’t stated any problem for which you might need a solution 😢

Surely you aren’t seeking a solution on behalf of a poster who posted three years ago, and appears to believe he has formatted his USB stick to a US TV standard, rather than to any recognisable possible USB stick format? 😛

And you might want to check out the rep of any responder before dissing them; @Kuschelmonschter knows whereof he speaks, and if you spend any time here, then you will know why he responded as he did.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Jadesa11y

LMAO ok 🥴