Join now - be part of our community!

Storing Freesat channels on a KD-43XE8077

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Davehaydon
Explorer

Storing Freesat channels on a KD-43XE8077

Hi, hope someone can help.  When I complete a search on Freesat and the tv stores the channels, after about 24 hours the tv looses all the stored channels. I have to start a full satellite scan again, every time I want to use Freesat. Any ideas how i can keep the channels permanently stored? (Youview is fine).

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

These sets don’t have Freesat.

They have satellite tuning, which is probably what your issue is with, but just a Now and Next ‘EPG’, not a proper Freesat one.

For your issue, first try a soft reset, by holding down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds until the box reboots.

If this does not cure it, you should next try a Factory Reset, from the Settings menu. Detailed instructions are in the FAQ at the top of this Community, or littered in many of the posts here.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Davehaydon

In that case you were missold, so if Freesat is important to you, feel free to exercise your right to take it back to whoever you bought it from, and have it swapped for a TV that does really have Freesat on it.

You might have to explain to them that just having satellite <> having Freesat, which is a comprehensive EPG for satellite broadcasting not offered on this Sony set, or indeed any of their Android sets.

Here is Curry’s list of TVs, filtered for Freesat. Not all of them are, the fourth and fifth sets shown being a case in point, but most of them do have it.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

These sets don’t have Freesat.

They have satellite tuning, which is probably what your issue is with, but just a Now and Next ‘EPG’, not a proper Freesat one.

For your issue, first try a soft reset, by holding down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds until the box reboots.

If this does not cure it, you should next try a Factory Reset, from the Settings menu. Detailed instructions are in the FAQ at the top of this Community, or littered in many of the posts here.

profile.country.GB.title
Davehaydon
Explorer

Hi Royabrown,

Thank you for your reply. I'll give that a try .  But it also answers why i can't get Freesat service, which was also another underlying question. I was sold the tv as having it in built.

Cheers. 👍

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Davehaydon

In that case you were missold, so if Freesat is important to you, feel free to exercise your right to take it back to whoever you bought it from, and have it swapped for a TV that does really have Freesat on it.

You might have to explain to them that just having satellite <> having Freesat, which is a comprehensive EPG for satellite broadcasting not offered on this Sony set, or indeed any of their Android sets.

Here is Curry’s list of TVs, filtered for Freesat. Not all of them are, the fourth and fifth sets shown being a case in point, but most of them do have it.

profile.country.GB.title
Davehaydon
Explorer

Yes, I'm going to call back to Currys and have chat with them .. Thank you for the list.

Cheers,

Dave