Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Burn

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Screen Burn

Hi all,

Seen quite a few posts on here recently regarding screen burn, mainly Oleds, i came across a repair disk recently that one can purchase, it states for LCD, plasma etc, i just wondered if anyone had ever tried these so called repair videos and if they work like they claim.

I know LCD suffers a bit from dark shadows rather than burn over a period of time, my friends samsung has a few that are visible that never dissipate, im tempted to try it just to see if it does actually work.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey graygerman, do you mean panel calibration and panel refresh? If yes, those don't work on LCDs. 

It would be helpful if you mention your model and the issue that you're experiencing in details. Add pics if you can. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey graygerman, do you mean panel calibration and panel refresh? If yes, those don't work on LCDs. 

It would be helpful if you mention your model and the issue that you're experiencing in details. Add pics if you can. 

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Hi thanks for the reply,

In my opinion, LCD does get screen burn, ALL tv manufacturers warn of this -

Quote - Although much less susceptible than Plasma TVs, LCD TVs are still subject to screen burn in (image retention). In general, you should avoid keeping a static picture (that is, a picture that contains no or few moving elements) or a picture with static elements (black bars, black borders, logos, etc.) on your LCD TV for more than two hours at a time. If, for example, you have your TV set to 4x3, and have black borders on the top and bottom, or on the sides, changing the picture size for a minute or two every couple of hours, say during commercials or in between shows, would decrease the chance of screen burn in. Reducing the brightness and contrast of the screen when it is displaying static elements will also decrease the chance of burn in.

And all that info is readily available on any big brand website, although the burn is less noticable, it does occur, starting with dark shadows which can get worse over time if the user insists on having static images on screen for a long time, Image retention is likely.

Im not talking about calibration, i have an LCD not Oled, im particularly talking about the many LCD screen pixel repair dvds that are available, if anyone has ever tried them and whether or not they work.

SCREENSHOT -

Screenshot (28).png

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @graygerman :slight_smile:

I think you may have misunderstood Hannah.

She was just saying panel calibration and panel refresh doesn't work on LCD screens, not that 

they don't get screen burn 

Try the disc at your own risk if you like, although something made by 'Edge of Our Pants' doesn't sound promising and says 'use to prevent screen burn-in' not fix it.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Sorry No, i never misunderstood, i just never mentioned anything about calibration or panel refresh, i was specifically asking if anyone had tried the LCD/Plasma repair dvds that are available and whether they actually work.

Thankis for printing that out tho 😉