Join now - be part of our community!

XR-42A90k black screen

duncan
New

XR-42A90k black screen

Hi all,

I love my 42” A90k (which I bought in October 2022) but ever since new it’s had an intermittent problem of showing a black screen (i.e. no picture) but playing audio when I switch it on to watch something from my Virgin TiVo box. This can be resolved by restarting the TV (through the settings menu), but this is now happening almost every time I go to use it. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

I too have a XR42A90K bought last year.

Are you also using the TV with the terrestrial aerial input for Freeview TV, if so does the TV show the same behaviour using the terrestrial aerial input. 

Have you checked to make sure that all cables connected to the TV from the Tivo box are properly seated

and secured.

Which HDMI input are you using for the Virgin Tivo box, preferably it should be connected to either HDMI 3 or HDMI 4. Is the Tivo box 4K, if so the HDMI signal format should be set to Advanced.

Press the Settings button on the remote, select Settings from the on screen menu > Channels & Inputs 

> External Inputs> HDMI Signal Format.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable preferably at least a high speed 4K compatible certified HDMI cable.

The cable should come with a certification badge like below.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 20.01.41.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi, 

You can try unplugging everything from the mains for at least 2 minutes and test.

As daveh64 said, you can just make sure that you're using a high quality certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable and connect your TV box to HDMI 3 or 4 to get the best performance.

Don't forget to enable HDMI Enhanced format from Settings  > Channels & Inputs > External Inputs> HDMI Signal Format.