Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 in HDR

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Tom79L
New

PS4 in HDR

I use the KE55AF8 alongside my PS4 pro. The settings on both the TV and PS4 pro for 4K and HDR output are set to auto. When I launch the PS4 pro, the screen displays 3840 × 2160. Yet when a game switches to HDR, it drops to 1080p. Can anyone explain why? I have checked everything twice over, just not sure why the resolution always drops as soon as HDR is selected.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Have you enabled HDMI enhanced mode in the Input Settings? Are you using HDMI ports 2 or 3 as those are the only ones that support 4K60 HDR

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Tom79L
New

Thanks, this has worked. I didnt realise only HDMI ports 2 and 3 were 4K -
60Hz compatible. When checking the input settings on the TV were set to
advanced, all HDR compatible games remain at 4K - 60hz HDR. Thanks for the
advice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Have you enabled HDMI enhanced mode in the Input Settings? Are you using HDMI ports 2 or 3 as those are the only ones that support 4K60 HDR

profile.country.GB.title
Tom79L
New

Thanks, this has worked. I didnt realise only HDMI ports 2 and 3 were 4K -
60Hz compatible. When checking the input settings on the TV were set to
advanced, all HDR compatible games remain at 4K - 60hz HDR. Thanks for the
advice.
profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

Not a problem, glad I could help

usurperuk
Explorer

Sorry to drag this up again but I am having the same problem. I moved the HDMI to port 2 and, even though the resolution stays at 4k, the picture becomes washed out and not as vivid as when the game isn't running. Any ideas on this one?

profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

what tv are you using? It could be just the picture settings need adjusting

usurperuk
Explorer

Hi... thanks for replying. its the KD55XD8005. 

profile.country.GB.title
Ryanm1701

When you into Picture Settings when a 4K HDR game is playing, does it say its in HDR? Does the PS4 say that HDR is supported?

If it looks washed out, it probably is just the picture settings that needs amending. 

usurperuk
Explorer

Hi yes.,.. in picture settings it says HDR. I need to look into the picture settings... Just can't understand why the picture would change is all.