Join now - be part of our community!

Xf9005 bright line above volume bar

profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

Xf9005 bright line above volume bar

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I would highly appreciate if you could help me with my -less than 2 months old- 65xf9005.I have noticed that when i increase or decrease the volume,15 to 20 cm above the bar, appears a bright line that highlights the hole area on the volume.Is it normal?I have already tried rebooting and factory reseting.I am attaching also photos of my problem.Any help or information will be highly appreciated.Thank you.

IMG_20191030_011833.jpg

IMG_20191030_012222.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You have bought an LCD tv with local dimming, this is called blooming and it is due to the local dimming algorithm and it is somewhat normal for the technology used. It seems somewhat too high but this can be caused by the photo you took or some setting you use

profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

Thank you for your reply i have one question though.Isn't local dimming supposed to light locally?why i have the hole horizontal place enlightened?this is my question.The height is the one i mentioned one my first topic even though the height may be frustrating through the photos.So shall i not be worried?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes you have a FALD tv the dim or brighten local zone. The problem is that your tv has only some 40 zones to play with so to brigthen the whole bar it has to light all of the low ones. If you look at the second photo in which you have another object on the left more zones are brigthened

profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

Thanks again for the immediate reply.To sum up,you dont dont  that this is a problem?I should not be worried?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As I said the general behaviour of your tv is normal (you may want to try to switchoff the local dimming if it bothers you but you'll lose the higher contrast it may reach). From the photos it seems too high but again it may depend on the camera itself or the setting of the tv (i.e. on vivid it may appear more that on cinema setting).

profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

To be honest i use the cinema pro preset to watch tv.In the other presets it is not so bright but itnis still there.It is annoying though.

profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

By the way to be more accurate about my problem I mean this bright area in case of misunderstanding.

1572392028195.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes I have understood and be aware that blooming will be more evident off axis 
profile.country.GR.title
Ben3os
Explorer

So any suggestions on how to improve it?Or i have to live with that?