Join now - be part of our community!

new Sony TV buggy as hell kd-65xe9005

profile.country.LV.title
lgwjames
New

new Sony TV buggy as hell kd-65xe9005

So I upgraded from a 65 inch LG telly that I brought from richersounds to a Sony after I heard the HDR and 4k was a lot better. I also like the fact that it was Android so I could do some Android apps and link my Samsung phone to it.

Since day one I've had problems. Firstly it would randomly turn on my LG sound bar without me pressing anything while in standby.

I also have USB LEDs in the back that have worked faultless on my Panasonic and my LG telly. As soon as I put them in the Sony, while the TV was in standby I would get random lights flashing at the back like a pulse or charging something in USB mode. I had to disconnect because it was happening at least 20 times a night whilst asleep. Yes I changed all the settings to not allow USB charging or anything

Finally after a month dealing with Sony I had to turn off a lot of settings to get my LG sound bar to work just with its own remote and not with the TV. The TV will still turn the volume up on the soundbar that I can live with but won't automatically turn it on and off which again I can live with but I never had the problem with my two other sets of tellys.

Now the telly takes at least 5 minutes to turn on. I can press the button go and put the kettle on go upstairs for a wee and come down and make the tea coffee and the screen would just about come on Android. It randomly as well will now go black screen and I have to press the green button and wait two or 3 minutes for the screen to come back on. It will randomly reboot itself at least five times a day while you're trying to watch telly.

All this from a TV. I've had less than 3 months. I've reset the TV three or 4 times tried for firmware updates and nothing. 4K via YouTube is very Glitchy when hardwired yet works a lot better when on Wi-Fi go figure

I've just put my call into richersounds now waiting for a reply for this telly to be gone

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes,

M