Join now - be part of our community!

KD55AG9

profile.country.GB.title
ksbeck
Explorer

KD55AG9

Software update to PKG6.5016.0631EUA today 29/01/2021. Have done a complete Factory Reset. Re-loaded and signed in to services still no Teletext function, red and green button for BBC connected services work ok.Had Teletext working when installed in November 2020, lost this function when updated to PKG6.496.....

Teletext works on set top box.

Any suggestions? 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, make sure that you choose live TV and try this https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/gaep2/v1/en/02-01_03.html?hl=interactive

Let me know if it worked.

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

Pressing the text button during live tv on a BBC channel since the software update does nothing.

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

This is my latest reply from customer service.

>>>Thank you for your recent email.
With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-55AG9, please note that we update that you have received based on the BBC update. Please try to check this link:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00252476
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Yours sincerely, <<<<

I am not sure what on that page they are referring to.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, as far as I understand you can still get the service in a way, are you able to?

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

No I can't.

I have a £2000 television that has been crippled by a software update.

I am currently using my Humax Freesat box to view the text service.

Since the software update, the text button does nothing.

The red button takes me to BBC iplayer but no text service.

profile.country.GB.title
ksbeck
Explorer

Bought this TV in Nov 2020 for £1,799 an upgrade from previous Sony which has given good service. Never will buy a Sony product again, this KD55AG9 has been nothing but trouble and very inconsistent with loading applications etc.

Switch it on, start watching 5 mins later click switches off, switch back on fine for the rest of the day. Very intermittent fault cannot reproduce it and might go for hours or days before it happens again.

Select BBC iplayer or ITV Hub set up sign in switch off, switch on still signed in fine, another day switch on have to sign in again, might go for days signed in and then it decides you need to sign in again or 3 times in the space of an hour it might do it when it switches off on its own.

No teletext function since updates which is very annoying.

My set top box has teletext OK and keeps the iplayers signed in even when the mains is disconnected!

This TV is proving to be a problem and if it continues will have to book a warranty repair or claim on my credit card.

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

An update that addresses these issues should be released soon.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
ksbeck
Explorer

Have done a complete Factory Reset, set it up again as if it was new out of the box. Used for a few days no issues.

It still randomly switches off when watching could be on for 10 mins or 2 hours there is no telling.

Switched off last night after watching iplayer switched on next morning NO iplayer or ITV Hub need to Sign In.

Why will it not keep sign in details as other equipment will until you sign out yourself?????? 

I spend most of my time reseting and setting it up not not able to watch a program without thinking whats it going to do or not do next, have to record a programs that are of interest.

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Can you please verify, if the latest firmware is installed?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a9g_ag9-series/kd-55ag9/downloads/000171...

Cheers

Peter