Join now - be part of our community!

IT'S BROKE AGAIN - KD-65XD9305 Power issue.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

IT'S BROKE AGAIN - KD-65XD9305 Power issue.

My Sony Bravia KD-65XD9305 will yet again not power on. Despite having the known issue of a power board failure, being "fixed" last November..  when a new power board was fitted. So this obviously does not fix the issue.

Given the amout of messing around I had to do, telephone calls, chasing telephone calls, dismantling all my AV unit etc..  should I have to go through this again? only for it to break in another 6 months?

Has this happened to anyone else? or am I just unlucky??   😞

I really want this broken tv swapping for another one that works... biggest wast of £2500 ever.

During the World cup too... I just can't believe it.

My previous thread : https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-65xd9305-power-issue-new-thread-to-document-how-the-so...

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

I was supposed to get a call within 4 hours...  guess what? yep no call..

Absolute no change in Sony's pathetic customer service and promises.

profile.country.GB.title
.piran
Explorer

>> unlucky

Would be inclined to install a UPS before a possible hat trick. My new KD-55A1, legacy FreeView PVR, legacy FreeSAT PVR and a portable HDD (for A1 recordings) all run happily behind a small <£150 UPS (~5% purchase price of the new kit): 

<https://www.amazon.co.uk/APC-Power-Saving-Back-UPS-PRO-Uninterruptible/dp/B002RL0CKI/>

Also helps with worry-free unattended recording sessions. 

Declaration: I have no connection with either Sony, APC or Amazon other than using their stuff.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

A power board failure twice in six months cannot be considered a coincidence by any means. As suggested above, try taking a look into protecting the TV with an aftermarket power surge regulator/protector.

Fortunately for your case Sony will most probably agree to yet again repair your TV under warranty, but for the sake of avoiding the hassle all together, the suggestion is to take precautionary measures to avoid the failure from happening in the future once again.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

a UPS wont solve anything. This model of TV has a KNOWN power problem acknowledged by Sony.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Sony will agree to repair it until 2021 even out of warranty because this TV is the biggest pile of crap ever.

A UPS WILL NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. MY power supply is not the issue.. THE TV IS

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
.piran
Explorer

If you continue shouting I will decline to offer advice.

The TV is being detroyed by your local power supply. Twice. You should take your own steps to avoid your local power supply blowing up a third TV. You... not Sony. When you've taken that reasonable and logic step (to ensure local conditions are appropriate) you should then expect to rely on Sony delivering a TV that can cope with your now-normalised local power supply. Until then you are likely to keep blowing up TVs. 

Power boards are blown up by the local power supply. Period. Yes, there may be a design weakness - acknowledged or inferred or not - but it still doesn't alter the fact that it is the local power supply destroying your TV. Fix your stuff first and then you'll be in a better position to (more quietly) ask Sony for their assistance. 

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

I don't need your idiotic UPS advice 

BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY POWER SUPPLY (notice the shouting?)

Read what Sony say below.. notice the :-

"TVs may experience an issue where they will not power on due to a problem with the power supply circuit board."

A UPS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS

Dear valued BRAVIA customer,

Some KD-55XD9305 and KD-65XD9305 TVs may experience an issue where they will not power on due to a problem with the power supply circuit board.

To address this issue—subject to the terms and conditions of the product guarantee applicable to these models—we will repair your affected TV, free of charge, until the 31st January 2021.

Thank you for your support and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Affected models

• KD-55XD9305
  • KD-65XD9305

Resolution

If you have an affected model that will not power on, please contact our product support team for assistance. If their diagnosis confirms that the issue is caused by the power supply circuit board failure, your affected TV will be repaired, free of charge, subject to the guidelines stipulated above.

Tags (0)
profile.country.GB.title
.piran
Explorer

As you have everything covered I will now leave this thread. 

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Read it and weep..  and yes please take your unvalued UPS nonsense elsewhere

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00180172