Join now - be part of our community!

Information not available on Youview Guide TV after Update Mach 2019

profile.country.GB.title
StephenRidge

Information not available on Youview Guide TV after Update Mach 2019

Sony KD55XD8599 4k smart TV.

Since recent March 2019 Software update from pkg5.381 to pkg 5.417.0177eud Opera I have now got a problem with Youview Guide not working, channel 1 to 10 displays Information not available so unable to see earilier shown TV programs or Later programs only able to get program information by pressing the ? button for summary/details is current program.

Have soft TV reset, retune Digital Tuner, ensure Youview Guide is Standby is set to ON. Have also tried all the TV Help Top Support solutions/How to use your TV and Troubleshooting and system information sections within the Help section.  Anybody out there with any ideas. Last chance could be a full factory reset which will lose all my addons, APKs etc. 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Alienmoon
Explorer

I still have this issue today, It's been on-going for months,...

You may have already tried to do this step, Have you gone into Apps and scroll all the way down to YouView and then force stop and clear all caches, then use as normal?

This is how I fix my TV menu not showing, In fact, nothing at all comes up on mine when it happens, but doing the above does fix it everytime, until it happens again.

Good Luck.

profile.country.GB.title
KDickson
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same TV.  i have tried all the suggestions here and elsewhere.  i cannot find a way to do a factory reset, anly a reboot.  If you have found how to do a factry reset please share.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@KDickson wrote:

I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same TV.  i have tried all the suggestions here and elsewhere.  i cannot find a way to do a factory reset, anly a reboot.  If you have found how to do a factory reset please share.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00122829

The issue you you have is known, and Sony and YouView are working on it..

The Factory Reset is known to resolve it for many people, but may not be permanent, and may need repeating from time to time.

The implication is that there is a variable in the software that is not getting reset when it should; it is reset by the Factory Reset, after which things are OK until it gets set to the value that ‘sticks’.

You may prefer, though, to drop out of YouView onto the Freeview side of the set; details of how to do this are in the sticky FAQ posting at the top of this forum.

You lose the itv and Channel 4 Players, but you can get these off just about anything you can plug into an HDMI connection on the set; if you have nothing that can do it, I recommend a NowTV Stick for about £20. Or Google Hoshsadiq....

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
StephenRidge

Found solution

It seems that if you go into settings, apps scroll to very bottom (YVServiceHost) click on it clear cache, clear Data then return to home screen turn TV Off/on cured my issue. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

This certainly works for some people, so it is worth a try, rather than going for the Factory Reset straight off that might also work if this doesn’t.

But that does not work for everyone either; if not, it’s either stay with the YouView side and wait for the Sony fix, or switch to the Freeview side, and only come back when you hear the problem is fixed.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

After buying a signal checker and switching t v ariels about, still experiencing the same problem with you view guide, channels 1-10 saying no information, just spotted on the blog various ways to overcome the issue, non work for me.

Does anyone know if you can uninstall youview and replace with freeview? thanking in advance

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi GRAHAM.CAROLYN, there's a way to disable YouView depending on the model that you have (could you confirm it?), but did you try clearing cache and data from YouView and YVservicehost in the apps then enabling YouView again?