Join now - be part of our community!

Help please KD55XF9005 and Sky Q

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pablo64
Explorer

Help please KD55XF9005 and Sky Q

Dear Forum

OMG finally got my hands on this TV after being such a good boy for many months and thanks to JL dropping it to £990 on Black Friday that sub 1K price tag was all that was needed to get a "Go on then" from the Generalismo.

Everything is absolutely sweet, Blu ray performance 4K Dunkirk OMG, Rugby in UHD wow and Sir David Attenborough's latest series stunning.

However my Sky Q box is refusing to recognise the TV as a 10 BIT model and keeps defaulting to 8 BIT.

Have a missed a trick in set up? Do I need to alter the deignation of the output HDMI somewhere? I suppose the question is will I actually notice a difference?

Current set up is KD55XF9005 via optical into SKY Sound Box, HDMI from 2TB Q box into Sound Box out into HDMI1 and Sony UBPX700B into HDMI2.

Thanks for any advice hopefully something simple I have missed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
typhoon9

Hi, 10 bit only works on hdmi 2 and 3 you need to put sound box to hdmi 3 ARC also you need to set the hdmi input to enhanced setting in the tv settings. I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
typhoon9

Hi, 10 bit only works on hdmi 2 and 3 you need to put sound box to hdmi 3 ARC also you need to set the hdmi input to enhanced setting in the tv settings. I hope this helps you.

profile.country.GB.title
pablo64
Explorer

Top man worked perfectly thank you. 

Dralfog
Explorer

hi, ok setup port HDMI in 4k but is necessary  to  change the parameters in setup android but i don't find if you want to help me thanks