Join now - be part of our community!

GUIDE/Favorites problem

profile.country.HU.title
csberen
Explorer

GUIDE/Favorites problem

If I set channels as Favorite and I set the GUIDE source to Favorites, it's exiting from Favorites continuously and I see all the TV channels.
I have to re-select: Favorites in the Action menu- Favorites-Guide source menu
This problem has existed for 2 years.
Even though I posted to any forum, SONY didn't solve it .

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

So I can try to help, can you let me know the model of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.HU.title
csberen
Explorer

Thx Sean,
TV type: KD-49XE9005 (PKG6.6520.0252EUA)
but I think this is a problem with all models...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The favourite selection is not the most user friendly but I works like this.
It is not sufficient that you set the source in the guide you have to select a program afterwards and then you see a message on the TV that your favourite list has been selected. The same can be done with the discovery button (or TV button on newer tv).
If you press any numeric button to select another channel or switch off the TV favourite mode is closed and you get the all channel list.
profile.country.HU.title
csberen
Explorer

Hi,

The problem is that the TV doesn't remember this setting, if I set the GUIDE SOURCE will be the FAVOURITES.

Now, the only solution is to delete unwanted channels with the SONY Channel Editor.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you select a program after choosing the source? Other ways the setting is not retained. It will be confirmed by a message on your screen
profile.country.HU.title
csberen
Explorer

Naturally. But that's not the problem.
"If I set channels as Favorite and I set the GUIDE source to Favorites, it's exiting from Favorites continuously and I see all the TV channels.
I have to re-select: Favorites in the Action menu- Favorites-Guide source menu"

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Still you are not describing which action takes you out of favorite mode...
profile.country.HU.title
csberen
Explorer

Unfortunately it's random ...
It is not possible to observe what is causing the problem.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is not random . It follows rules that you may or like (I don't btw). Basically once selected you can change channel only by pressing up down or selecting it via guide or favourite row on discovery bar. Whenever you do not follow the rules you got a message that you are exiting  favourite mode.