Join now - be part of our community!

Can't enable YouView

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
joeRab
Explorer

Can't enable YouView

My 43xf8096 android tv is connected to my Humax set-top box where I have two satelite cables plugged in. I am not connected to the freesat tuner that comes with the tv. When I enable Youview in settings I am asked to run a search for digital services and the result is always "no services found" and nothing happens after that. Am I doing something wrong. How do I get it to find digital services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@joeRab wrote:

My 43xf8096 android tv is connected to my Humax set-top box where I have two satelite cables plugged in. I am not connected to the freesat tuner that comes with the tv. When I enable Youview in settings I am asked to run a search for digital services and the result is always "no services found" and nothing happens after that. Am I doing something wrong. How do I get it to find digital services?

YouView works off terrestrial broadcasting, not satellite, so you need a terrestrial aerial connected to the TV to get this.

I don’t see above where you describe anything but satellite connections, so this is probably your problem here.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@joeRab wrote:

YouView works off terrestrial broadcasting, not satellite, so you need a terrestrial aerial connected to the TV to get this.

I don’t see above where you describe anything but satellite connections, so this is probably your problem here.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
joeRab
Explorer

Thank you royabrown2. problem solved

profile.country.GB.title
Tracey23
Explorer

Hi JoeRob: did you solve your issue by getting a terrestrial aerial & connecting it to your TV? 

when you tried to install youview did yours come up with the following when asked if you want to start auto tuning?

Antenna or

cable