Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA XR A80K Built In Microphone Not Working

profile.country.US.title
hasbeen

BRAVIA XR A80K Built In Microphone Not Working

Has any else been able to activate the built in mic on the 2022 BRAVIA XR A80K? I have tried the switch and no light LED or response. The prefs all have checks in Sensitivity (high) and LED voice detection on. Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.SE.title
Robert_JR
Explorer

hi, read below

response from sony support

This TV does not come with a built-in microphone, so it is not possible to activate the voice control with the command "hey google", but you can only use the voice control by clicking the voice button on the remote control. (Microphone in remote control only)

profile.country.US.title
hasbeen

Yes this TV has a built in microphone. It also has the switch and software options for control of the microphone. I am in USA. Maybe where you are it is different ? Thanks

profile.country.SE.title
Robert_JR
Explorer

C4F8B1BD-0BE7-4F13-8152-29F772ABC0E2.png

profile.country.GB.title
abun880007
Explorer

I had the issue with my X84K I could not get it to work after setting the TV up no matter what I did, the only way I could get it to work was to update to latest firmware TV and do a factory reset and then when I finished setting up the TV I pressed the assistant button on the remote and it stared the setup procedure and the yellow LED turned on and it started to work
profile.country.US.title
hasbeen

Thanks for the reply. I still haven't done a factory reset cuz I dont want to redo all my settings but I did update to the latest firmware. Eventually I will reset and report here what happens.

profile.country.US.title
hasbeen

Ok I finally did a factory reset ! and Yes now the Built In Microphone IS Working !

After the reset I had the option to engage the mic and it even showed which way to slide the switch (towards power button).

I pressed the google voice button on the remote and said "microphone" and it took me to the set up.