Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD49XH81 Sound “Boom” / Reverb

profile.country.GB.title
rroope
Explorer

Bravia KD49XH81 Sound “Boom” / Reverb

Hi Folks

Just bought a KD49XH81 Bravia Android TV. Picture is stunning, however there’s an annoying “bass boom” / reverb noise when watching TV, worse with music but does occur with normal speech also. It sounds like there are people talking in our hallway!

Been through all the settings and can’t seem to sort it, switching it to basic with surround off doesn’t help.

Any clues before it gets sent back as it’s far too annoying to keep!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Maybe have a look at your settings and make sure it's set how you like, Dolby, Cinema, Standard...whatever and make sure you have no effects on that could be causing it, Stadium, Concert Hall etc if your TV has those. Lastly try a Bluray or iPlayer, Google TV a digital source that is not Live TV, you mentioned tennis, there could well be wind noise and someone playing a digeredoo in the background!! Oh and this may sound mad but make sure you haven't got any weird 3rd party apps installed, make sure they are the factory reset apps, you know the ones that it comes with. I've had loads of trouble with a 3rd party app I installed that effectively broke Android on my TV. Other than that I think you may have to send it back.

profile.country.GB.title
Wightwoody
New

We have recently bought a Sony Bravia TV and have exactly the same problem. During certain programs there is a constant bass boom and like you say even on some speech. It sounds like someone is parked outside in a car with loud bass playing. Tried turning bass down to minimum on GE but it does not make a difference. Tried everything else but no improvement. Very annoying and to be honest regret buying the TV as it spoils so much viewing. 

profile.country.GB.title
rroope
Explorer

SONY really should be providing a software update or at least acknowledging this issue! We seem to have adjusted it down so that it isn’t as noticeable; either that or we’ve just got use to it?

profile.country.GB.title
Wightwoody
New

We have set tv sound to wall mounted and put auto sound level on plus set two lowest base levels to minimum. The sound is now a lot quieter but feels dampened down a bit. Haven’t really watched any programs where the bass has been a problem so will see how it goes. 
Completely agree with you about the software update as it shouldn’t be this difficult and I don’t feel that I am getting the best out of the tv. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @rroope, have you tried to reset the Sound settings? also, have you made sure that your TV software is up to date?

profile.country.GB.title
MagsieFury
Explorer

Mine is the same, its driving me bonkers.

profile.country.GB.title
MagsieFury
Explorer

I have the same issue though. Surely it must be a common problem.