Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth does not discover devices to pair.

enotsz
Explorer

Bluetooth does not discover devices to pair.

Hello.
I have a Sony Android Tv x80c (x8005c) that i recently acquired.
It seems that this tv is having problems discovering bluetooth devices, i recently purchased a gamepad that my tv is unable to find. The problem is not from the gamepad since i already tested it in my windows laptop, my android phone and on my ios phone, it worked without any problems. But my Sony Android Tv bluetooth seems to not find the device.
What other options do i have to try force the tv find my device? Is there any know issue that relates with this problem?
Best,

Tags (2)
30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I managed to connect my PS3 Wireless keyboard. But I have an Android TV. I never managed to connect the DS3 (the PS3 controller), though. Was anyone successful with them DS3?

profile.country.GB.title
OLYMORTON
Explorer

Due to Hearing impairment (deaf, 88 year old sod) I use bluetooth vibration headphones, thinking foolishly if I replaced my Sony TV with the KD 43XD8305 which stated in the blurb, Bluetooth enabled, this would allow me to get rid of bluetooth send - receive converters clogging up the system. Low and behold no Buetooth - dont worry the next update will cure it answered my complaint, which it did not. I now get to see my headphones are added but will not pair also other devices have been added on the TV but none will connect. I am thinking Trade Discription Act - but am now too od for that. My headphones work on my sons Tele ??? He said you bought Sony Rubbish its your own fault. Any answers apart from using external converters again - please.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OLYMORTON wrote:
Any answers apart from using external converters again - please.

Hi there

Therefore you know the solution to your question - there is no other answer.

Please see point 4 on the FAQ: HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
OLYMORTON
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, I just wonderd if the Android whizkids had a work around. Sony should make it clear on the adverts and manuals which say -

Connectivity Wi Fi, LAN, Bluetooth 4.1.

which was the reason that tipped me into buying the Sony KD 43XD8305.

Bluetooth 4-1 it is not.

Has anyone found a headphone that works directly from the Sony Television Bluetooth?

Oly

profile.country.GB.title
Wello.zaki
New

I just bought a Sony bravia KD-55x8500e, am i able to connect it to my iPhone or iPad?

if yes, should i use that to play music from my phone or show photos?

AShutov
New

I have an input lag problems anytime when I connect my gamepad 8bitdo NES30 to Sony Android TV (KDL-43W756C) via bluetooth and try to push the buttons. Have you any solutions or advices to fix it?

Thank's.

profile.country.GB.title
upperlittlecarr
Explorer

Hi. I have been unable to pair ALL non Sony branded Bluetooth headphones with any Sony Smart TV. There are no issues in pairing Sony branded Bluetooth headphone devices with any Sony Smart TV. It would therefore appear that Sony are only permitting Bluetooth association and connectivity for it's own branded Bluetooth devices on its Smart TV's and is therefore restricting and preventing connectivity to its Smart TV's for all other manufacturers devices of which is illegal as Bluetooth is an open standard and preventing other manufacturers Bluetooth products from associating and connecting with it's Smart TV's is a restrictive practice. I am also looking at raising this issue with the local trading standards team that covers the Sony Shop in Leeds where I purchased the TV's. Sony need to fix the issue as soon as possible through software patches deployed to its all current Android and pre Android Smart TV's. I am in the process of writing to Sony asking them to clarify it's position with regards to this Issue.

profile.country.GB.title
upperlittlecarr
Explorer

Hi. The issue isn't really to do with the strength, range or interference as Bluetooth standards mean the device should associate and connect and work provided you have a clear line of sight to the device you are trying to register to and are within the permitted distance thresholds. It would appear that Sony are preventing it's Smart TV's from recognising devices from other manufactures on its Android and Pre Android Smart TV's via it's Bluetooth code of which is a configurable option and part of the Bluetooth code "stack" but illegal as it constitutes restrictive trade practice under UK and EU law since Bluetooth is an open standard that demands full interoperability between devices from ALL manufacturers. Please see my other post concerning this issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
duvlinia
New

Seemingly Sony Bluetooth is only compatible with soundbars and PlayStation. 

Which is incredible. 

I bought my Sony TV especially for the Bluetooth and then bought Sony Bluetooth headset  Only to discover its impossible  

I'm totally annoyed..

Give up. Its impossible. I'm returning mine. 

profile.country.GB.title
mehboob1011
Explorer