Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer not working properly - new Bravia KD43XD8305

SOLVED
spater1975
Explorer

BBC iPlayer not working properly - new Bravia KD43XD8305

Just received my new Bravia KD43XD8305BU today.

Love it so far but only gripe is BBC iPlayer is not working properly: the App loads and I can browse through the latest content. However when I try to play content I get a spinning circle after which I get the following message:

"02001: Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme"

All other Apps work fine including 5OD.

I have updated to the latest firmware (PKG6.0514.0001EUA), and also done a factory reset - to no avail.

I have seen other people on this forum suggesting to change the DSN server settings but I cannot find these settings in the Network Settings menu.

Any pointers appreciated

22 REPLIES 22
spater1975
Explorer

My iPlayer is also now working - I did nothing to the settings, seems the issue resolved itself although I've no idea why.

Thanks for all the advice though

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome

Glad its working again.

profile.country.GB.title
Devnatu
Explorer

I am looking for last few hours, i cant see bbc iplayer on my sony KD43XD8305BU and i also cant see youview which is mentioned on their site. can you help please.

thanks 

Dev

profile.country.GB.title
FeelingOld
Explorer

The only thing I can suggest is to try a restart on the TV. - to do this press the 'POWER' button on the remote control.for several seconds until the TV displays a message indicating it is powering off and then on.  You will not lose any settings.  Alternatively unplug the TV and plug back in.

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
kevinayers
Explorer

• @spater1975 wrote:

Just received my new Bravia KD43XD8305BU today.

Love it so far but only gripe is BBC iPlayer is not working properly: the App loads and I can browse through the latest content. However when I try to play content I get a spinning circle after which I get the following message:

"02001: Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme"

All other Apps work fine including 5OD.

I have updated to the latest firmware (PKG6.0514.0001EUA), and also done a factory reset - to no avail.

I have seen other people on this forum suggesting to change the DSN server settings but I cannot find these settings in the Network Settings menu.

Any pointers appreciated

Have tried everything that has been listed so far.

• Factory reset, a pain to do as I then had to reload all my apps and details. This worked for a while but it is now giving me the error message more frequently.
    • Tried rebooting after using Netfix or Youtube, as this was a possible short term solution.Works sometimes but not always.
    • Soft reboot did not work.
  • Unplugging the TV everytime is not a solution.

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kevinayers

Can you describe the issue that you are having with iPlayer - error message, what you are doing to get this error message (i.e. on loading up the app or playing a video?).  As the people who had issues previously, has been resolved (seems like it was the BBC end of things).

Also the exact model number of your TV ?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
kevinayers
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

The message I get is 

This happens when I try to play a video.

I can play live content with no problems whatever.

Model is Sony Bravia 2015 Android KDL-50W905A ?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@kevinayers wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

The message I get is 

This happens when I try to play a video.

I can play live content with no problems whatever.

Model is Sony Bravia 2015 Android KDL-50W905A ?

There are 2013 non-Android KDL-55W905A sets, and also 40 and 46 sizes, but I can find no 50:-

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/tvs/52874/sony-w9-led-television-with-triluminos-di...

Can you look again, to see what you actually have there?

Having said which, if it is indeed a W9, Skype has been pulled, but the BBC iPlayer should be OK.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kevinayers

As your model TV and problem is not related to this thread, can you please create a new thread under the "Other TVs" category

Also as @royabrown says above, can you please check the model of your TV as the KDL-50W905A does not exist.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
kevinayers
Explorer

Sorry the model number is KDL-50 W800C.

Should have checked but guessed.

All now seems OK after I did another Hard Reset.

As you said before it could have been a problem with the BBC.

Thanks for your help