Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Play Memories Apps

profile.country.GB.title
e.okorie.2020

Sony Play Memories Apps

I have been asking myself the same question over and over again for a good while now...  Is there a particular reason that Sony had remove support for the Play Memories App from its cameras?  Clearly this was one things that a lot of customers enjoyed making use of and for some of the apps you needed to pay for, Sony was certainly making a profit.

So here's my question, considering I purchased the apps for use with my old a6000 (I now have the a6400) and with Sony no longer supporting the apps on the latest cameras, am I entitled to a refund?  Or is it a question of 'Sorry, you should have stayed with a6000 instead of upgrading'?

Would be good to have an answer to this... Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

With the newer models several apps have been included in the camera itself - at least the most requested ones like interval record.

Since the App service hasn't been used much it hasn't been continued in the later models but apps are still offered for the former ones.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
e.okorie.2020

Kind of sounds like one is being told if I want to use the apps, I should buy the older versions of the camera to be able to use them.  Doesn't really make any sense and for me, that is just money I have wasted.