Join now - be part of our community!

Autofocus issues, following update to latest firmware. Now unable to get sharp images with polariser

ricdrew12
Explorer

Autofocus issues, following update to latest firmware. Now unable to get sharp images with polariser

A77 with Zeiss 24-70 f2.8 zoom
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Is there any more information on this?

I've just updated my A77 to v1.07 and I have the same lens. I'll put a circ polariser on it and give it a go to see what happens.

ricdrew12
Explorer

hello, I have tried the same polariser and lens on my A900 without issues so I can only conclude its something to do with the firmware upgrade.  I have dozens of shots with the polariser on the A77 and most of my lenses without any problems.  It doesn't seem logical to me but I can't think of another reason.  If you PM me I can send you a sample of the unsharp photos.

Bieomax

are you getting sharp images without the filter?

have you give the filter a good clean laterly?

ricdrew12
Explorer

Perfect without the filter, although the filter isn't dirty I have cleaned it just to make sure. As I said, the lens/filter combination work perfectly on my A900

Sent from my iPad
Bieomax

hmmm strange, can you get sharp images with manual focus/focus peeking?

Bieomax

after thinking about this and since your on a A77, if you use this lens most of the time with that filter on, have a play with the len micro adjustment options in the camera, and see if that helps.

Kind regards

Mark.